recomend me a shock collar

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a innotek one several yrs ago and it worked good. On long haired dogs you need as long of prongs as you can find.

It would make them lock up and fall over on high. before I ever used it I tested every level on my arm. It resembles the electric shock you get at the chiropractor office. On high it will make your muscles involuntarily spasm. Its a neat party trick too.

M-5":169zftzl said:
I had a innotek one several yrs ago and it worked good. On long haired dogs you need as long of prongs as you can find.

It would make them lock up and fall over on high. before I ever used it I tested every level on my arm. It resembles the electric shock you get at the chiropractor office. On high it will make your muscles involuntarily spasm. Its a neat party trick too.

Thanks googling now

Any recommendations on how to use this? Just wait for him to do something stupid, and nail him? Yell his name thin nail him?

M-5":3552ivz6 said:
Shitzu or saint Bernard

I would put it on a low setting to start . when he does what you don't want him to do shock and correct him.

Thanks, I was going straight to the top.

good luck..the problem is catching him...unless yer using it for border control. I went to radiofence.com...they got some deals

Bigfoot":2bi87c5g said:
Blue heeler.

Be patient with him. They are usually very intelligent. Never hit him with your hand. You can beat him to death with a limb or post but not your hand. Don't shock him AFTER he's done something wrong but WHILE he is in the process. Good luck.

May be wishful thinking, but I think it's working. The dog rides in the truck, about half the times I head down the driveway. He had gotten to where he wanted to follow the truck, when he wasn't going. I opened the door, and yelled at him, and he kept coming. I hit him with the collar, and he yelped, and sat down. I only had it on 3, it goes up to 8.

Updating this. The shock collar has corrected every bad behavior he had. Twice is the most I have had to shock him. If you sternly say his name, he pretty well quits whatever he is doing. It's a total game changer. Anybody that thinks they may benefit from one, might as well go ahead and get one.

I've been tempted to get one for cows that poke their heads through the fence (barbed wire that's too shorted to to make hot)... I have a couple fantastic cows with some bad habits... I'd set it to 11 right off the get-go of course. These few cows KNOW they aren't supposed to (including walking into the feed bunk), and I can just yell their name and they'll back right out.. they've had a few 2x4's broken across their butt.. but it's just too hard to sneak up on them to get them in the act most of the time, and like with dogs, they have to be caught in the act or it's pointless

Latest posts