Thoughts of the first Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

J. T.

Reaction score
I stood in my barn this evening and looked around while I thought of that miraculous birth 2000 years ago. I saw the dust and the dirt and I felt the cold wind blowing in. I then watched the bull as he finished up his feed from the trough in the corral and saw the slick discharge left at the bottom. Can you imagine a teenage girl facing such a scene with labor drawing nigh? And her husband, I'm sure was feeling extremely uneasy at the prospect of delivering this newborn, especially in such a filthy environment. And then having to lay this tender skinned baby boy in a bed of hay that was likely dusty and may have been a haven for rodents. There may have even been briars in the hay if it was anything like some of the hay that I've hauled, stacked, and fed. And the trough was not unlike that of mine in the corral wet with bull mucous and thick saliva. A pretty terrible place to lay a newborn baby.
Let's remember that this is where the Savior of the world made his debut and that He did that willingly.
Merry Christmas!

God gave us the greatest gift anyone could or will ever recieve. Thank you God for giving us your Son. Merry Christmas all and Happy Birthday Jesus.

Texas Ranch Man":12wu9u8z said:
His will be done.

I always say that, but sometimes hope that if He is on the fence ~ He will lean my way ;-)

Latest posts