This years "Project Bull"

Help Support CattleToday:

Get photoshop and knock a couple inches off the sheath. That's what I've noticed on all of Nancy's pics....always a bit strange looking.

Really like his mother and sire. Will be watching for more pics of him. I'm not one who feels comfortable about judging an animal by picture and especially when I don't feel the pic does the animal justice.

TexasBred":16pg7t8o said:
Get photoshop and knock a couple inches off the sheath. That's what I've noticed on all of Nancy's pics....always a bit strange looking.
This bull is already pretty clean sheathed TB. (Way cleaner than that bull on Nancy's photo.)

Sold the bull today!
Was going to take him to the Bull sale in January, but someone wanted him so in the trailer he went.
I should have gotten one last photo of his growth, but didn't. His EPDs were looking really good for calving ease. Top 1%. Happy that he's going out with some commercial heifers.
I hope to see some of his calves next year.

Nesikep":2px9g5zb said:
Good to hear you have him sold.. the rest of it is up to him to do what he's supposed to.
Thanks Nesi. Always bittersweet to see them go, but glad he gets to go to work! :D

it is.. but it's also nice if you hear the buyer is really happy with the calves he's getting.. Oh, and next weekend I'm going to get to see how Hector is doing!.. he'll be a week shy of 2 years old,.. I hear he's really filled out now... That's the son of the cow that had the suspected stroke, and beat up the 5 year old longhorn bull when he was 10 months and bred most of the cows

chippie":2gviqr3q said:
Congratulations on your sale.
I understand how you feel. Sad to see him go. Happy to get the money!
Yes, thanks Chippie. You put so much work into them, you just can only hope that someone else will appreciate that also......
We will see how he does! The buyer declined me getting the BSE on him prior to taking him. (It was included in my price.) So I went down some to compensate for that. But overall, I am happy that he sold earlier than expected.

Latest posts