This Morning Fishin.

Help Support CattleToday:

I fish for bass, white perch and catfish in Palo Gouch creek. It's south of Pendleton bridge on the Texas side. You have everything you need in that area of the lake, without having to run for miles, deep,shallow, grass beds. If your fishing with a guide he'll have brush piles to fish. In the fall, most fish are chasing shad, feeding up for winter. Shad colored crank baits and spinner baits is my go to.

I've eaten lots of whites, hybrids and a few stripes too...catfish is probably my favorite for fw fish tho.
I was going to try to clean a chain pickerel once, but the thing stunk so bad alive, I was afraid to.

greybeard":2c5fsvih said:
I've eaten lots of whites, hybrids and a few stripes too...catfish is probably my favorite for fw fish tho.
I was going to try to clean a chain pickerel once, but the thing stunk so bad alive, I was afraid to.
We have red fin pike, most are about hand size. Very sweet you just fry them crisp and eat bones and all. Probably the best freshwater fish eating wise. IMO

JMJ Farms":3ng2txpx said:
M-5":3ng2txpx said:
Old timers say they will bury in mud and live there till water comes back. They are good eating and a HeII of a good time catching. Mud fish or black fish is what we call em.

Any special considerations as to preparing and cooking, or just meal and peanut oil? I grew up being told you couldn't eat them but somewhere along the way I heard different. And now you confirm that they are indeed edible.
Eat a turd first then these are not bad at all. :lol: :lol: Might rate them right along beside carp.

Latest posts