This is for you Denver...

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I get a call early this morning from my guys telling me come to a job site the utility people marked it incorrectly.. Soon as I get there I see 5 feet of telephone cable sticking out the ground. I call the phone and utility marking people they both come out the phone guy hunts with me and will fix it tomorrow we helped him out so he didnt have to drag the ditch witch to rebury it and im sure the utility company will get a nice bill.. Denver you jinxed me lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAalQ2ynLg0

That was just a buried drop going to a house. Around here they do not even locate them. It is cheaper to repair or replace them than it is to locate. If you get into a dist. line they take them more seriously.

hillbilly beef man":119sqhtl said:
That was just a buried drop going to a house. Around here they do not even locate them. It is cheaper to repair or replace them than it is to locate. If you get into a dist. line they take them more seriously.

Gotcha, The line wasnt even buried more than 6 inches.

I didn't see the video, if it was just a drop it wasn't a big deal. Here they locate them but you can't always get by them.

hillbilly beef man":2qujtp49 said:

Yep, a couple of scotch locks and they'll be good to go.

One time we were putting in a sewer main through a trailer court, and our last 75 feet was only about 45ft wide and had a 4" gas line, a main cable line, 200 pair phone, 2" water line that knowone could find, and a buried power line. Plus so many cable and phone drops they had quit plowing in the new ones and were laying them on top of the ground. At the most cluttered point of the mess our line was about 10ft deep, that about as much fun as you can have on a 200 class excavator with no room and digging around and under all that crap. We missed all the important stuff but till out some of those above ground drops, every time the guy would come out to fix one he just put them down as bad drops instead of saying that we had hit them, I think he understood how big of a mess it was.

Latest posts