Things to alway's have on hand

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":3h6fy38s said:
D.R. Cattle":3h6fy38s said:
All this advice without mention of a good pocketknife? Make that a SHARP pocketknife. I wouldn't know what to do without mine. I reckon I'd just sit out of balance in the saddle without it. Can't even leave the house in the AM without my stone in my back pocket.

Good point. I guess I've become so used to carrying one that I don't even think about it anymore. It's automatic - grab the coffee with one hand, and the pocketknife with the other and out the door I go (my cap is already on my head by this point)! :lol: :lol:

Oops. I forgot to mention coffee as a must have. The fellers and I quit relying on just our thermos with a lot of late nights nowadays. We brought a coffee maker and supplies to the pens. We've weaned 1000+- calves and preg checked 1300 cows in the last 2 weeks. I'm growing weary of the pens. And my horses are getting tired of staying tied all day.

D.R. Cattle":2ycyxbs4 said:
msscamp":2ycyxbs4 said:
D.R. Cattle":2ycyxbs4 said:
All this advice without mention of a good pocketknife? Make that a SHARP pocketknife. I wouldn't know what to do without mine. I reckon I'd just sit out of balance in the saddle without it. Can't even leave the house in the AM without my stone in my back pocket.

Good point. I guess I've become so used to carrying one that I don't even think about it anymore. It's automatic - grab the coffee with one hand, and the pocketknife with the other and out the door I go (my cap is already on my head by this point)! :lol: :lol:

Oops. I forgot to mention coffee as a must have. The fellers and I quit relying on just our thermos with a lot of late nights nowadays. We brought a coffee maker and supplies to the pens. We've weaned 1000+- calves and preg checked 1300 cows in the last 2 weeks. I'm growing weary of the pens. And my horses are getting tired of staying tied all day.

I wonder what people did before coffee was invented? :shock: I'll bet! I can certainly see where a thermos would be woefully inadequate in that situation. Are you weaning and preg-checking in your dreams, yet? If not, you're doing good! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

msscamp":1k3l4e97 said:
D.R. Cattle":1k3l4e97 said:
msscamp":1k3l4e97 said:
D.R. Cattle":1k3l4e97 said:

I wonder what people did before coffee was invented? :shock: I'll bet! I can certainly see where a thermos would be woefully inadequate in that situation. Are you weaning and preg-checking in your dreams, yet? If not, you're doing good! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sleeping good actually. Atleast I'm not the poor sucker doing all the sleeving.

D.R. Cattle":1ob4l4z3 said:
msscamp":1ob4l4z3 said:
msscamp":1ob4l4z3 said:

Sleeping good actually. Atleast I'm not the poor sucker doing all the sleeving.

That works! :D

Latest posts