Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Too bad. 99% of the time, that would be a blessing.
They are the US business arm of the ChiComs.
I mean, you're retired, you have time for a second childhood and you can easily get banned from a WalMart. Fill a grocery cart with bread and go stock the DVD shelves with bread. Attempt to check out with a shovel, rope, a hunting knife, condoms and lubricant. Play basketball wherever, baseball if you're bolder, bonus points if you involve other people in the game without telling them. Test ride the bikes. Ride the power scooters, pretending to be a cowboy herding the fat people on the other ones. Keep asking the outdoor counter people how much for just two bullets. Walk around and act like a schizo, tell people things like "Oh, they're coming for you too" and just walk away. Hurt people's feelings, ask the hipster silly-haired female workers what their zodiac sign is and then say "Yeah, that tracks" no matter the answer. We can get you banned pretty quickly.

I much prefer humans checking me out, but had to use the automated checkout at Lowe's a week or so ago. They didn't have any registers open so it was the only option

I mean, you're retired, you have time for a second childhood and you can easily get banned from a WalMart. Fill a grocery cart with bread and go stock the DVD shelves with bread. Attempt to check out with a shovel, rope, a hunting knife, condoms and lubricant. Play basketball wherever, baseball if you're bolder, bonus points if you involve other people in the game without telling them. Test ride the bikes. Ride the power scooters, pretending to be a cowboy herding the fat people on the other ones. Keep asking the outdoor counter people how much for just two bullets. Walk around and act like a schizo, tell people things like "Oh, they're coming for you too" and just walk away. Hurt people's feelings, ask the hipster silly-haired female workers what their zodiac sign is and then say "Yeah, that tracks" no matter the answer. We can get you banned pretty quickly.
That would be greybeard on his best behavior.

I am a little slow to catch on sometimes, but soon figured out that I could check myself out in certain stores much quicker and more accurate than the paid employees. Some of those move pretty slow.

Crawfish...
People can shop where they want and businesses can operate how they see fit. I choose to avoid Walmart and have for years, except for a pair of sunglasses.

The cost of those gatekeepers to watch us, instead of work for us, is built into the price of everything we buy.

When you buy fencing materials, do you check out and load yourself while the employees watch, making sure your doing it right and not cheating?

I know, stupid question, and my reason for deleting earlier because I figured you likely have materials delivered to your place.

Self checkouts are a pretty divisive subject apparently.
A few years ago, Walmart here stopped using them because so much stuff was being stolen, but apparently now it's not as much of an issue cause that's how they roll now. Maybe loss of inventory is less than cost of the one or two cashiers they typically had?
I will say that if you just have a few items the self checkout isn't too bad, but if you have a lot and several heavy items it's quite inconvenient, and would be especially so for disabled or some elderly folks.
It's part of customer service that is lacking in todays big corporate impersonal world.

I also do not like the self checkout and try to only use the checkouts that are paying a person to work. I have used them on occasion, but I don't like the feeling that they have to watch me like I was 10 and going to stick something in my pocket to sneak it out the door. I know that there is more stealing with them... there are too many little things that can get slid across with something else and into the bag... Plus with alot of things, it is better for someone to scan and bag as I am loading into the cart.
I use Walmart some, but have found that our discount grocery (Sharp Shopper from Pa) has better deals on most things, but they are limited in what they carry. They also are closed on Sunday and I think that is nice for the employees... they are based out of Mennonite/Amish country and follow the examples of Sunday being for family and church.

People can shop where they want and businesses can operate how they see fit. I choose to avoid Walmart and have for years, except for a pair of sunglasses.

The cost of those gatekeepers to watch us, instead of work for us, is built into the price of everything we buy.

When you buy fencing materials, do you check out and load yourself while the employees watch, making sure your doing it right and not cheating?

I know, stupid question, and my reason for deleting earlier because I figured you likely have materials delivered to your place.
Really works all ways. The way I see it (literally) is the same people who parade around blowing about how stupid the checker at the grocery store is. Now is crying about the lack of the same. One thing for sure people who like to complain will always find something to complain about. As far as my material I get out and help them load . I tied down my load to. I also have them delivered to my shop where I unload with my machine. So I don't see your point. Hopefully you can find someone to bag your sunglasses idk.... maybe Amazon
Good luck

Latest posts