Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

So I'm going to say that's a Andice point.
It's early archaic in period. 7500.00 - 5000 years old. A artifact of the calf creek cluster of points. A fairly common point in central Texas but has been found in Oklahoma / Kansas. Pretty rare to find one with the long ears intact. Also your's has a unusual shape. I would guess it could value in the 1000.00 + as it looks mint in condition. Congratulations on a great find.
View attachment 16558
That is amazing! Thanks for posting and I'll share it with Marcus.

borrowing something and having to work on it or repair it before I use it. If they are going to lend it to me, it dang well should be in good working order before they bring it over to me to use!

:LOL: :p
You're singing my tune. Until I could afford my own, I think every trailer I borrowed required time and money before I could use it; flat tires, rotten boards, shackle kits, brakes...................but they always got it back in better condition, and I was welcome to borrow again.

Now I loan mine out with the same expectation. Loaning a trailer is a great way learn folks true character.

Think about this . You apparently migrated from the Austin area to where you are now. 5-7000 years ago some of the calf creek people did the same. Moved from Central Texas to your ranch.

It is amazing. Fence is a perty fart smeller.

I had a brother-in-law who's family has lived along the Kiamichi River in eastern Oklahoma before statehood. Couple sections of river bottom land. He had the largest collection of artifacts, including arrowheads, that I had ever seen private party. Thousands of pieces.
The family had a need for some quick cash and were able to sell to some outfit that preserves native American history. I don't know of anyone who really knew the dollar amount, but they paid the ranch off and everyone was driving new crew cab diesel trucks.
Money can cause problems. Within 5 years, he and my sister-in-law divorced, he shot and killed his younger brother, then he committed suicide shortly after getting out of prison.

It is amazing. Fence is a perty fart smeller.

I had a brother-in-law who's family has lived along the Kiamichi River in eastern Oklahoma before statehood. Couple sections of river bottom land. He had the largest collection of artifacts, including arrowheads, that I had ever seen private party. Thousands of pieces.
The family had a need for some quick cash and were able to sell to some outfit that preserves native American history. I don't know of anyone who really knew the dollar amount, but they paid the ranch off and everyone was driving new crew cab diesel trucks.
Money can cause problems. Within 5 years, he and my sister-in-law divorced, he shot and killed his younger brother, then he committed suicide shortly after getting out of prison.
Sure glad I'm broke!!

Speaking of things we hate, when someone is driving 5 mph under the speed limit, and won't move out of the left lane, it should be legal to run them off the road.
Go to places like Florida. You can have a 6 lane highway and every single one of them have cars driving below the speed limit holding up traffic. It gets crazy because people get real stupid trying to get around them.

Speaking of things we hate, when someone is driving 5 mph under the speed limit, and won't move out of the left lane, it should be legal to run them off the road.
I can get along with that. But I would like to add people that drive 5 mph over the speed limit should be took to jail, just like DUI. Just as reckless. I don't understand why people get so worked up to go a few mph faster.

I rarely see anyone driving under the speed limit on the interstates here. For everyone you see driving 55, there will be 5 driving over 85. Some appear to be way over 100 when they pass with you doing 70 and they are a quarter mile ahead of you in a few seconds - and may have changed lanes several times. Many years ago, you would see multiple radar setups on the interstates. Now hardly ever see a Highway Patrol car. They sit at their office now waiting to get a call about a wreck. Saves money maybe. But we now have State Transport Police galore. Their job is to stop the poor truckers and search for anything that might be a violation. Brings in easy money, I guess.
I don't recall ever seeing anyone with Florida license plates driving less than the speed limit on an interstate.

When you have two lane going both directions on the highway and they won't pull over into the other lane to let you turn right onto the highway. It's like I have been driver here and I'm not moving over, this is my lane.

I rarely see anyone driving under the speed limit on the interstates here. For everyone you see driving 55, there will be 5 driving over 85. Some appear to be way over 100 when they pass with you doing 70 and they are a quarter mile ahead of you in a few seconds - and may have changed lanes several times. Many years ago, you would see multiple radar setups on the interstates. Now hardly ever see a Highway Patrol car. They sit at their office now waiting to get a call about a wreck. Saves money maybe. But we now have State Transport Police galore. Their job is to stop the poor truckers and search for anything that might be a violation. Brings in easy money, I guess.
I don't recall ever seeing anyone with Florida license plates driving less than the speed limit on an interstate.
Hahaha. You must never have been military, stationed on the Florida Space Coast.

I spent years in Florida. Miami was awful -- just as you describe. Tampa, same. But the Space Coast and area outside Tampa were mostly good drivers...with a fair number of blue hairs who drove 5 under (or more).

On folks not closing gates behind them, mentioned in another thread, I have a recent story and thought better here in the things I hate thread.

My sister-in-law (the ditsy blonde one) came to visit last weekend, uninvited and without calling, but that's not the problem. Let me know and I'll either meet you at the gate, or leave the clicker hanging on it.

It has an electric actuator, powered by battery with solar panel, all right there to see along with the manufacturers warning sign. She bumped it with her vehicle. It opened a bit and "bounced closed". She backed up and got a run at it, bumping it harder, enough to shear a bolt at the actuator to post attach point. This allowed the gate to open about half way. She drove on through with the bent gate scraping down the entire side of her vehicle.

She finally assumed something was amiss, so she called my wife (our house is a quarter mile away from the main gate). My wife and oldest son met her at the mangled gate, to then listen to SIL suggest that our "bump" gate didn't work right. When wife explained that it's not a bump gate, and the clicker is hanging right there, SIL looked just like a cow staring at a new gate, but she never offered to buy us a new gate.

When I found out, I called brother-in-law and he has agreed to pay enough $$ for me to replace the gate and the busted actuator. But not before he asked me "what about our car?" It was like pulling teeth. I had to explain that the gate was an innocent bystander and had properly warned SIL the first time she bumped.

On folks not closing gates behind them, mentioned in another thread, I have a recent story and thought better here in the things I hate thread.

My sister-in-law (the ditsy blonde one) came to visit last weekend, uninvited and without calling, but that's not the problem. Let me know and I'll either meet you at the gate, or leave the clicker hanging on it.

It has an electric actuator, powered by battery with solar panel, all right there to see along with the manufacturers warning sign. She bumped it with her vehicle. It opened a bit and "bounced closed". She backed up and got a run at it, bumping it harder, enough to shear a bolt at the actuator to post attach point. This allowed the gate to open about half way. She drove on through with the bent gate scraping down the entire side of her vehicle.

She finally assumed something was amiss, so she called my wife (our house is a quarter mile away from the main gate). My wife and oldest son met her at the mangled gate, to then listen to SIL suggest that our "bump" gate didn't work right. When wife explained that it's not a bump gate, and the clicker is hanging right there, SIL looked just like a cow staring at a new gate, but she never offered to buy us a new gate.

When I found out, I called brother-in-law and he has agreed to pay enough $$ for me to replace the gate and the busted actuator. But not before he asked me "what about our car?" It was like pulling teeth. I had to explain that the gate was an innocent bystander and had properly warned SIL the first time she bumped.
Some people!

One of or either one of B's two hired men leaves a gate open about once a week. This ends up with cows spread all over the country or cows mixed in with another bunch that aren't supposed to be together. This is not a one time occurrence. These two are in their mid 20's and supposed to be cowboys. I told B that I knew to shut the gate by the time I was 10. He said he learned long before then. I replied that I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.