Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm certainly old enough to have served in the time of your grandfather and perhaps even in the time of your father. I'm 71. None of what you see is anything new. I really really didn't want to get a yellow fever vaccination, but that came with the territory (tad to S. Korea 1977)
I've been thru (while on active duty)
Race Relations Seminars.
Social Relations Seminars.
Opposite Gender Seminars.
Sexual harassment workplace seminars (I forget what it was actually called)
Indigenous people's guidelines for US military personnel (how to treat civilians specifically at the time, Vietnamese, Jamaicans and Cuban civilians)
(They were just beginning to address gay and lesbians when I got out in '78)

Discipline is paramount in the military and near top of the list are articles 92 and Article 134. They, and the rest of the UCMJ are codified laws under US Code Title 10, Section 892.
Like it or not, all those directives re the seminars and, the newer directives you allude to were/are either originated with the President (CiC), Sec Nav, Sec Army, Sec Def or signed off by them and breach of each falls under Art 92 (Failure to follow a lawful order, regulation, dereliction of duty etc) .

You are correct. Including reserve components, there are over 2 million men and women in the US Armed Forces. 3000 isn't even a drop.
Someone will take your place in June. History states so.

Last edited:
I'm certainly old enough to have served in the time of your grandfather and perhaps even in the time of your father. I'm 71. None of what you see is anything new. I really really didn't want to get a yellow fever vaccination, but that came with the territory (tad to S. Korea 1977)
I've been thru (while on active duty)
Race Relations Seminars.
Social Relations Seminars.
Opposite Gender Seminars.
Sexual harassment workplace seminars (I forget what it was actually called)
Indigenous people's guidelines for US military personnel (how to treat civilians specifically at the time, Vietnamese, Jamaicans and Cuban civilians)
(They were just beginning to address gay and lesbians when I got out in '78)

Discipline is paramount in the military and near top of the list are articles 92 and Article 134. They, and the rest of the UCMJ are codified laws under US Code Title 10, Section 892.
Like it or not, all those directives re the seminars and, the newer directives you allude to were/are either originated with the President (CiC), Sec Nav, Sec Army, Sec Def or signed off by them and breach of each falls under Art 92 (Failure to follow a lawful order, regulation, dereliction of duty etc) .
I'm afraid that no matter how much you think you do, ya don't. Just like I can't fully relate to your time in, the same goes the other way. There are foxes with purely evil hearts running the henhouse.

I thought the same thing during my time in uniform, as did many others.
The next generation coming up will think the same thing just as the one before mine did.

It is said, that in 1794 when George Washington (sitting President) put together a militia force to put down the Whiskey rebellion and the men wanted to know how and when they would be fed and paid and if they would be compensated for ball and powder, Washington stated "This sure isn't like the army I led against the British".

You want to see what real politicization of the military is like?
Truman hated the Marines and tried to get rid of them

Again, all this is nothing new. It's only new to you.

I thought the same thing during my time in uniform, as did many others.
The next generation coming up will think the same thing just as the one before mine did.

It is said, that in 1794 when George Washington (sitting President) put together a militia force to put down the Whiskey rebellion and the men wanted to know how and when they would be fed and paid and if they would be compensated for ball and powder, Washington stated "This sure isn't like the army I led against the British".

You want to see what real politicization of the military is like?
Truman hated the Marines and tried to get rid of them

Again, all this is nothing new. It's only new to you.
I respect your opinion, but it's not like I haven't been able to sit at the table and talk to the past two generations of military in my family about this. Transgender politics, units forced to participate in public diversity events, expermental medical practices *outside* of a state of emergency, combat zone, or major war, service members arrested as "extremists" over disagreement with commands, service members having their careers ruined by extremism investigations over having pictures of them with privately owned guns or body armor on social media, CID constantly called over disagreements, a peak in false allegations and adjudication of service members as mentally ill, murders in the ranks up, unsolved deaths through the roof, I can go on. I respect you and your time in service greatly, but don't forget that you're never so old that you've seen it all. I'm sure everything possible has always been politicized forever, but if you think the current state is "same old crap, different bag" then you need to talk to more folks that are leaving and ask them why.

I haven't nearly seen it all, but I've seen enough to know that none of us are so special in our views that the workplace is going to change to suit us and that is especially true in the military..

As far as asking those that are leaving 'why', I really don't care. It's their choice. They raised their right hand to enlist and if/when the time comes, they can walk for any reason they choose. (assuming they aren't contractually obligated)

When policies and practices in our work life and chosen profession (civilian or military) change, there are only 3 choices.
Adapt and change with it.
Leave and find something else.
Fight it, complain mightily and wait for them to weed us out because of our intransience.

99.9% of the time, none of the 3 choices will result in 'them' changing to suit what 'we' want and they will get along just fine without us.

Sounds like you made your decision, about 1/2 way to military retirement.
Good luck in your future endeavors.

Last edited:
I haven't nearly seen it all, but I've seen enough to know that none of us are so special in our views that the workplace is going to change to suit us and that is especially true in the military..

When policies and practices in our work life and chosen profession change, there are only 3 choices.
Adapt and change with it.
Leave and find something else.
Fight it, complain and wait for them to weed us out because of our intransience.

99.9% of the time, none of the 3 choices will result in 'them' changing to suit what 'we' want and they will get along just fine without us.

Sounds like you made your decision, about 1/2 way to military retirement.
1/2 way to anywhere doesn't matter if you have to violate your morals to get the rest of the way. Maybe if more people stood for something we wouldn't be fixed like this.

1/2 way to anywhere doesn't matter if you have to violate your morals to get the rest of the way. Maybe if more people stood for something we wouldn't be fixed like this.
relative to the specific demographic being discussed, that comment seems a bit ironic (or perhaps hypocritical is a better term)

Driving into town on the 2-lane highway and there's a super long funeral procession. It happens. Pull over and enjoy the nice day. Except some wench from He!! was passing everyone pulled over on the right, zigzagging between gaps in the procession. Have some respect!!!!!! Could she really not spare 7 minutes???? I did feel better when I mouthed "WTH???", complete with hand gestures as she passed dangerously close to my truck.

Yes, she could have had an emergency. But it sure didn't look like it, the way she was holding her latte.

Thats pretty awesome TC. I have seen a lot but none like that, pretty intricate for what it is. Thanks for sharing.

@wbvs58, neighbor found this yesterday. Not on our place, but a little south.View attachment 16531
So I'm going to say that's a Andice point.
It's early archaic in period. 7500.00 - 5000 years old. A artifact of the calf creek cluster of points. A fairly common point in central Texas but has been found in Oklahoma / Kansas. Pretty rare to find one with the long ears intact. Also your's has a unusual shape. I would guess it could value in the 1000.00 + as it looks mint in condition. Congratulations on a great find.
IMG_20220510_063928.jpg