Thieves

Help Support CattleToday:

Gate Opener

Reaction score
My parents ordered one of those carport things that you see for $695. The people were supposed to come on a certain day to put it up but came the evening before. My dad was down in the bottoms with a guy who was doing dozer work and my mom left the workers to go down there and get him. My dad came up and checked in with them then went back to the dozer work. My mom sat on the porch of the house which is some distance away and watched the guys. She said at one point she saw one of them come out running from one of the buildings down there holding onto his side like he had something under his shirt. She went down there and started looking in that building and in the back of their truck. She couldn't see in the cab of the truck because of tinted windows. She saw in the building where there were nails that normally have something on them that were now bare but can't remember what was there. Only one of the guys spoke English so she didn't want to try and ask them about it.

It didn't take them long to put that building up and they left. She told my dad about what happened and they went down to check things out. Not only had they been in that building but another as well. Parents had a boat down there that had a cover on it. The workers cut the ties to the cover and got one tied back but not like my dad ties and the other they could not get tied back since it was too tight.

We think they will be back, hopefully not but they might try. It will not be pretty if my dad catches them.

So if you have workers that you don't know and trust, stand there and watch them. Don't leave them alone at all.

Sorry to here that. I'd keep my eyes open for them.

There must be something in the air. Just last week I was raking some hay on a place that is split by a highway. I was finishing up raking south of the road when I saw two trucks stop on the side of the road. A little while later, they seperated but one truck eased thru my gate and eased thru the barnyard where the equipment is kept. Figured I'd better go over and see what was going on. So I drive the tractor over but the truck has left the barnyard and is driving across my windrows and scattering them. :mad: Having no idea who this idiot was I thought it best to go to my truck and get an attention getter. I shuck one in the chamber and walk out to where he has parked his truck. As I come out from behind some bushes, I find a guy squatting at the end of one of my windrows fixing to take a crap!!!! Its 10:30 in the morning and he is drunk as a coot. I sent him packing with all he came with. :mad: :mad:

Good story Joe. It is a shame you have to stand and watch over people working like that.

Can your parents call the company they bought the carport from? Surely they have contracted with these bozos and can tell who they are, and fire them.

Call the sheriff and let him investigate. I bet he can get to the bottom of it. This is proable not the first time this has happened.

Gate Opener":1nh5c64k said:
My parents ordered one of those carport things that you see for $695. The people were supposed to come on a certain day to put it up but came the evening before. My dad was down in the bottoms with a guy who was doing dozer work and my mom left the workers to go down there and get him. My dad came up and checked in with them then went back to the dozer work. My mom sat on the porch of the house which is some distance away and watched the guys. She said at one point she saw one of them come out running from one of the buildings down there holding onto his side like he had something under his shirt. She went down there and started looking in that building and in the back of their truck. She couldn't see in the cab of the truck because of tinted windows. She saw in the building where there were nails that normally have something on them that were now bare but can't remember what was there. Only one of the guys spoke English so she didn't want to try and ask them about it.

It didn't take them long to put that building up and they left. She told my dad about what happened and they went down to check things out. Not only had they been in that building but another as well. Parents had a boat down there that had a cover on it. The workers cut the ties to the cover and got one tied back but not like my dad ties and the other they could not get tied back since it was too tight.

We think they will be back, hopefully not but they might try. It will not be pretty if my dad catches them.

So if you have workers that you don't know and trust, stand there and watch them. Don't leave them alone at all.

That takes alot of nerve, but then again I guess thats why they call them crooks!

GMN

They have not called the place they ordered the building from. They said they want to wait to until they figure out what is missing. I told them that they should go ahead and call. I will stress that to them again.

I didn't even think about calling the Sheriff. I will tell them that also.

The WB's around here mainly cause drinking problems, and then the Law gets called. (they're not out here, but in town). You're stuff is more likely to get stolen by some White Trash with a Meth or other substance problem, or just too lazy to work.I look at the WB's as service providers. They have shacked up with every fat, ugly White gal.

Crowderfarms":37rlzoba said:
The WB's around here mainly cause drinking problems, and then the Law gets called. (they're not out here, but in town). You're stuff is more likely to get stolen by some White Trash with a Meth or other substance problem, or just too lazy to work.I look at the WB's as service providers. They have shacked up with every fat, ugly White gal.

Crowder...dangit...I'm gonna have to agree with everything you said here. Well, except for...

Nevermind...I agree with all of it...

Alice

Just because they don't speak english and are stealing everyone assumes they are mexican. This is a totally racist. They could be French or,,,, or Latino's. ;-)

Walt

Crowderfarms":3adzm9zq said:

You really do have it in for heavy women! Whats up with that?

GMN

GMN":2y2t80zu said:
Crowderfarms":2y2t80zu said:

You really do have it in for heavy women! Whats up with that?

GMN

With Crowder, the fat chick thing is a Freudian process. As a child some fat chick really caught his eye (I'll leave the rest to your imagination) and he's never really gotten over it. He won't try therapy, he just seems to like things the way they are.

Crowderfarms":n8yfreui said:
You're stuff is more likely to get stolen by some White Trash with a Meth or other substance problem,

That is precisely why every used item (or "new" item in the package on eBay)we buy should come from a credible source. The theives are not going to use the tools they steal. Their objective is fast cash. If ANYONE buys those items, they are contributing to the problem. If the thieves cannot turn their loot into cash, they will quit taking that risk.

Get out the welding torch(assuming it hasn't been stolen)
and mark everything that's big enough (trailer/such) with your name-big and ugly and where it can be seen -all sides..Makes it harder to sell and easier to identify..

Hey,
If ya had a big ass dog(s) they would have stopped your intruders right when they stepped out of the truck or snuck into the barn or whatever. I go no where without our cattle dogs they have deterred many a crook or other sick-o...and they help with the cows. im never afraid with my dogs by my side. :idea: