There was a tire...

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
There was a tire on before I left.. I have ran about every trailer tire there is bias ply ...radials and radials last little longer than bias but not enough to make me only buy radials.. I've ran cheap and expensive they all suck.. I ran 6 ply and 8 ply 6 ply seemed better to me...

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_083225778.jpg
    IMG_20210323_083225778.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
It looks like it went a few extra miles after the implosion. At least the rim still looks salvageable.. I have old wagons we used tires on back in the day 20 years old. Now if they are 7-8 years old pretty much ready to implode.

It looks like it went a few extra miles after the implosion. At least the rim still looks salvageable.. I have old wagons we used tires on back in the day 20 years old. Now if they are 7-8 years old pretty much ready to implode.
My trailer tires rarely last over a year

Agree. They all seem to suck.

I've had best luck with a 10 ply tow-max, that looks like a 15 inch correct?

Air pressure for the load being carried is crucial. Dont take long with slightly low air pressure to compromise the integrity of any tire. No matter how expensive it is.

What's the other tire look like?

yea i always check pressure on them before they roll my guys thats a different story i cant say what they do but this one and another are dedicated to me and only towed by me. yea they are 205/75/15's

Thats the kind of day you kick the dog and cuss everybody.
(Please note I don't abuse animals just a saying. 😉)

My 15in on mine are cowboy highway tires. Been on a few years. Only put about may e 20k on them so far. Now they do more sitting next to the barn than rolling.

I hate seeing them come in looking like that, usually the slide hammer has to come out to get the remnants of the rim.

After several blow outs on the cattle trailer I went to 14 plys and haven't had anymore problems. Not sure they make them in 15s though. I've pretty much went to 16" on all other trailers also 15" just won't last.

We have a 5 lug low boy with a drop ramp for mowers buggies etc. It has 15" wheels and I have 14plys on it. Not sure the exact size but they are 15" wheels. It doesnt haul any thing heavy but makes some 3 to 7hr trips running 80mph to some of the leases. It pulls 10X better than the junk 6plys that came in it. Put the 14 plys on a cattle trailer and hay trailer now too. All are less than 2 years old but so far so good. They really aren't that much more than any other tire.

Latest posts