Theft

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Drove up to check on my heifers today and person or persons had stolen my new gate and hinges . All they left was the holes and the tree it was attached too! I have several other gates on the place but since it is rented pasture I used all the bent gates from the house except for the one new one. Hard enough to make a profit and now have to patrol for thiefes.
Good thing was all the heifers were still there .

I think that just stinks. People will steal anything and I think with this declining economy it will only get worse. At least they did not get your heifers,sorry for the loss.
Tom.

Next gate pull out your welding machine,lay a big ugly bead of your name/brand..Make it hard for them to pass off..they're lazy..if they're stupid and take it anyhow,makes it easier to find..

grannysoo":juo6i34x said:
It just would not do for me to catch a thief. SSS comes to mind.....

Pretty easy to dig with a hoe.

Also, An old man told me just this week that gators digest everyting but teeth. :D

A rule on our place: Only put as many posts in the ground as you can string fencing on before leaving.
Yep, that's right. We had T-posts stolen out of the ground.

I bought some new heavy duty gates at Tractor Supply last friday. Now I understand why someone would steal your gate.
Tom

farmwriter":1fbi2cws said:
A rule on our place: Only put as many posts in the ground as you can string fencing on before leaving.
a neighbor last yr had his T post stolen and the theives took the time to unclip the barb wire and then pull the post took over 50 of them

Angus Cowman":12hfrhuk said:
farmwriter":12hfrhuk said:
a neighbor last yr had his T post stolen and the theives took the time to unclip the barb wire and then pull the post took over 50 of them

I've never known a thief would work that hard.

peg4x4":2p10j4sw said:
Next gate pull out your welding machine,lay a big ugly bead of your name/brand..Make it hard for them to pass off..they're lazy..if they're stupid and take it anyhow,makes it easier to find..

We actually weld a heavy plate on every gate and our name and address is welded right on it - good advice.

When you weld the hinge be sure you also lay a bead on the threads on the back side of the hinge behind the post.

Bez+

john250":1t1rzlz3 said:
Angus Cowman":1t1rzlz3 said:
farmwriter":1t1rzlz3 said:

me neither I am thinking some one had it in for him

Angus Cowman":29jw985e said:
john250":29jw985e said:
Angus Cowman":29jw985e said:

me neither I am thinking some one had it in for him

Sounds to me like an ax to grind. Glad my local thieves are way to sorry for such as that.