Identity theft

Help Support CattleToday:

DavisBeefmasters

Reaction score
It seems our company computers have been hacked... over 30 of us are going through the process of cleaning up the mess.

Things I've learned that I will share with you:

1. Simply pulling one of the credit reporting agencies report on yourself every 4 months is not sufficient.
2. Our laws make it darn simple for a bunch of worthless thieves to have more rights than you as the victim
3. Police do not "normally pursue" identity thefts below a certain dollar limit (either $2k, $3k, or $5k)
4. Filing a fraud alert on your identity is a "recommendation" for folks to contact you prior to issuing credit but not a requirement
5. Credit reports can be as much as 30 days behind in posting attempts/inquiries into your credit
6. Thieves pull ALL your "free" credit reports so that you can't access them readily while they run amuck.

...simply put, big mess, huge headaches, and somewhat relieved that we have very few credit cards (which are now all cancelled because the thieves hacked into the existing accounts of some of my co-workers which is even uglier to clean up)... many hours of headache and likely the criminals will never serve time for their crime.

...sad, sad state of affairs.

Ouch, sorry you have to go through all that. I hope you can get it all fixed up.. Thanks for the reminder sometimes we become complacent with that.

Anybody know anything about the company(forgot the name) that guarantees to fix problems if you lock your credit up with them?

Latest posts