mail theft

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
Some of the folks near us have had their mail stolen, guess that our boxes were easy pickings.
Susie stopped to pick up out mail and couldn't find the box...some low life, mud sucking, pig breeding, bull's rectum stole the whole darn box. Had to be two of them, it was mounted on a three inch piece of pipe welded to a 24" steel rim.
Now it's trip to the post office and checking the box there. Won't be long as we lost some ground to the DOT for a freeway and will get a new address and access road so we'll wait till then to design a "special" box.
Just needed to vent this out....Dave Mc

Susiedavid, sorry about the mail box. But that was a heck of a job venting. I hope you don't catch them poor souls. It could be nasty! :) :)

rkm":3sttbl7b said:
Susiedavid, sorry about the mail box. But that was a heck of a job venting. I hope you don't catch them poor souls. It could be nasty! :) :)

My sentiments exactly! :eek:

There have been a lot of mail theft around here. We don't even have a mail box anymore, just a po box in town. And mail theft has gone way beyond high school pranks. We are talking about identity theft, stealing social security checks, things like that. It sin't just a stunt anymore. I don't think it is safe for anyone to have a mailbox. Sad. :(

At our office, we take care of paying bills, etc for an older gentleman. Paid bills were sent out of our mailbox, someone had stolen the mail, taken the checks, tried to erase the "Paid to" written over it to various places, AND they were accepted AND they cleared the bank! We now have a locked mailbox system. This happened over a year ago. Since then I never put outgoing mail in the mailbox, it goes directly to the post office.

Cobbkid":2kli4ghp said:
High schoolers you were there age to.

CobbKid

Yes, we were. But most us grew up with more respect for others. Just being a kid doesn't justify everything - someone has to accept responsibility sooner or later. And if it comes too late, it often comes at a cost most of them can't afford!

There was a gang of mail thieves here, it turned out to be the postman, he would take the mail home sort through it and take out the cheques and money people had put in. When he was arrested his bank account had a stagering £2 million in it.

always the kiddies! around here its the retirees you have to watch out for. and the cars with no drivers.

Mail theft is a federal offense. Contact the postal inspectors. Call your own post office or a neighboring one to get the postal inspector number. They will investigate and prosecute.

mitchwi - I hope you or someone contacted the postal inspectors over that. They would have handled that as well.

MoGal":bvoy09oo said:
mitchwi - I hope you or someone contacted the postal inspectors over that. They would have handled that as well.

Police and postal were contacted immediately.... also USPS put up a locked mailbox system now.

I won't send out bills thru the mailbox-- had several eppisodes of them disapearing-- I take them to the post Office the last three years and I have yet to have one disappear from there.
It is sad that you can't trust your mailbox.

Teenagers do their mischief at night-- so I just make sure that there is no mail left in the box over night. I also rigged my box to fall off the post real easy - so the worst it gets now is dented and i have to set it back on. They even tried to blow it up one night-- all the neighbors had shattered boxes- mine musta just jumped in the air- it had a big dent in the top.

Latest posts