The problem with new bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Preview

PAGE 13 bigfoot

Original post "The Problem with New Bulls".

cowgirl8":2mktzzfv said:
The problem is, you dont know what you'll get until they start hitting the ground. Just started calving out heifers. This is the second 100 pounder, lost one, pulled another and we're just starting. We have around 30 more heifers to go. We do have around 12 on the ground now..
You can do what you can to get good EPDs on your bulls, but you dont know how thats going to work until next year.

This wasnt a hard pull for this heifer and calf was up as quick as the smaller....but she would have never had it on her own, or we would have found it dead and her paralyzed in the pasture. The one who was paralyzed, is now recovered and back out.
We'll look for new heifer bulls, or we may even do something new for our commercial heifers, AI....I could go for having them calve all close together and getting it over with like, ripping off a band aide

My my how things change after 12+ pages.....Might I suggest you go with the AI?? My wife could AI 5-600 a year with no problem. 250-300 should be nothing for you Wonderwoman....You do know how to AI I assume???

Gosh cowgirl8! No need to get nasty with some posters. I didn't see anyone suggested a longhorn bull for your heifers and I don't see anyone bragging about how big their herd is in any threads so I don't know why it is a necessary to tell everyone that you have "biggest" herd on this board. I think it's unfair for you accused these posters and how they do with their cattle if you're just making some assumptions.

Muddy":aq59318n said:
Gosh cowgirl8! No need to get nasty with some posters. I didn't see anyone suggested a longhorn bull for your heifers and I don't see anyone bragging about how big their herd is in any threads so I don't know why it is a necessary to tell everyone that you have "biggest" herd on this board. I think it's unfair for you accused these posters and how they do with their cattle if you're just making some assumptions.
Can't take any chances Muddy....might be some new folks on here that wasn't aware of the size of her operation.

She reminds me of the girl with the speech impediment that kept telling her new date "I wanna get weighed". :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

TexasBred":3pj2nsch said:
Muddy":3pj2nsch said:
Can't take any chances Muddy....might be some new folks on here that wasn't aware of the size of her operation.

She reminds me of the girl with the speech impediment that kept telling her new date "I wanna get weighed". :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

did you weigh her TB and how much did she weigh?

Usually CG8's threads are at their best from page 13 to 20. After that, I kinda lose interest in them.

cowgirl8":2iqw7rjn said:
Hey, how about this, take my word for it they are heifer bulls. We bought them with EPDs from a breeder that were good for heifers, we put them on heifers, we've been doing this for many years..... Now if i asked, "What makes a good heifer bull?.....but ya'll would just suggest me going to the sale barn and picking up an uncut longhorn...Now, i dont plan to post the papers. It is rather insulting that i have to 'prove' effin anything. And when it comes to keeping herd sires, first off most of you have very little from your small crop of calves to get a herd sire, plus since you dont have multiple herds it would be rather stupid to keep one back to breed back relatives. And two, it just may be that your calves just arent good enough to keep as a bull so therefore from what you guys are use to seeing, it would seem impossible to even grasp someone keeping a calf for a bull. If you cant pick out a good % of bull calves that could be a bull from your crop, then maybe you should look at your breeding program...Or maybe its just not easy for yall to notice a good breeding animal, you have to either have a glossy magazine picture or someone who knows what they are doing so that you can buy one. I know there are a few posters here that use their own bulls but are now afraid to even post a picture of their bulls or even mention they do it. Thats ok, i'll take the brunt of these thinned skinned posters who's nose was bent out of shape almost a year ago and cant seem to get over it. Sad that they live such a boring life that they feel the need to keep on and on and on.....lol..... All i can say is get over it, let it go, find peace with yourself..
And now once again all us peons on here know where we rate in her eyes. All these little hobby operations really don't count for much do they?
Now don't forget that we don't know a dam thing and we can't because we are to small. If you need to know something just ask her and do not dispute what she says.

I will tell you one thing cg8, just because your pics aren't glossy doesn't mean we can't tell some of your animals are genetic trash.
However I will say you also have some nice ones. If you could extract your head from where it is you might could see which direction you should go.

M-5":104zytle said:
TexasBred":104zytle said:
Muddy":104zytle said:

did you weigh her TB and how much did she weigh?

No way in he!! "Dash". :mrgreen:

cowgirl8":o8q9chpf said:
Hey, how about this, take my word for it they are heifer bulls. We bought them with EPDs from a breeder that were good for heifers, we put them on heifers, we've been doing this for many years..... Now if i asked, "What makes a good heifer bull?.....but ya'll would just suggest me going to the sale barn and picking up an uncut longhorn...Now, i dont plan to post the papers. It is rather insulting that i have to 'prove' effin anything. And when it comes to keeping herd sires, first off most of you have very little from your small crop of calves to get a herd sire, plus since you dont have multiple herds it would be rather stupid to keep one back to breed back relatives. And two, it just may be that your calves just arent good enough to keep as a bull so therefore from what you guys are use to seeing, it would seem impossible to even grasp someone keeping a calf for a bull. If you cant pick out a good % of bull calves that could be a bull from your crop, then maybe you should look at your breeding program...Or maybe its just not easy for yall to notice a good breeding animal, you have to either have a glossy magazine picture or someone who knows what they are doing so that you can buy one. I know there are a few posters here that use their own bulls but are now afraid to even post a picture of their bulls or even mention they do it. Thats ok, i'll take the brunt of these thinned skinned posters who's nose was bent out of shape almost a year ago and cant seem to get over it. Sad that they live such a boring life that they feel the need to keep on and on and on.....lol..... All i can say is get over it, let it go, find peace with yourself..

If my post was offensive I sincerely apologize. The thread was hard to follow. I'll just avoid this one and not post again. Good luck with your calving.

She says she has the papers. Then she has the paper 2 miles down the road at her parents house. Then the papers are in her husband's jungle room, and can't find them. Now she's not going to post them at all because she doesn't have to prove that she even has the papers.
Making us all wonder if the bull even has papers?

Thread of the year right here!

Sorry GuySanders, it just passed your birth weight thread...

TexasBred":19l2moi3 said:
Muddy":19l2moi3 said:

I don't really see that getting "weighed" has anything to do with this thread or cowgirl8. You should mind your own business, TexasBred and leave getting "weighed" to her husband. :lol:

Anybody manage to get a registration number yet? I've kind of tuned out for the last several pages.

Latest posts