The highlands are here! (Pics inside)

Help Support CattleToday:

S.R.R.":1d9uj17c said:
I do not forsee a problem with putting your dairy calves out with the Highlands. 7 months is plenty old enough for them to get out of the way of those mamas horns if needed. If you do go ahead and get that black calfs DNA done I would be interested to know what percent Highland it is. Some people call the tomb stone feeders horse feeders. Be sure and get the thicker steel you wont regret it.

Good then I'll put them in with the girls when the quarentine period is over. I'll post the DNA report for you, when we get it back.

Browmule - I worked for an old farmer this past summer, I loved to listen to his stories. I've learned a ton of stuff from him already. Alot of his friends would stop buy the store and exchange stories. It was great learning about how they used to do things. Good luck on getting your highlands, I can't wait to watch them grow up. We hand fed them a couple of handfuls of grain tonight, through the fence though....lol. Still very wary of those horns! I'll post more pics when it's prettier outside.

tracy":3jvgrvrj said:
someone needs to breed polled highlands they would be so much easier to work with and be so much better looking!

LOL...no why would I want to go and ruin a nice looking cow like that??? I wouldn't mind the easier to work with part, but I like them the way they are.

Latest posts