The glass is half empty

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
I go check cattle and I can't find a bull, so I saddle up and find the bull with a bad limp.
I'm trying to ease him to the barn and pens and the dang jugheaded horse wants to run to the barn, so I worked his ass over good and he decides to pitch a little, so he gets double the work.
By now I'm pizzed, he's pizzed, the bulls pizzed.
I then get a call that my realtor he is busy but has some potential buyers wanting to see my place and wants me to show it, no problem.
3 guys show up and I have a 2 seat ranger so we proceed on foot best we can, they decide they will chance ruining a tire and drive thru one pasture in a brand new f-250 crewcab diesel ????
Well they return and want to see the other pasture so I tell them we can't drive thru but we can go around to the gate and walk around some and they agree.
We walk around and it's a little warm and a few mosquitos but not bad really, after a little bit they are spent.
We get back to their pickup and 2 of them jump in the pickup immediately, don't say bye, nice meeting you nothing.
The owner of the new f-250 was a real nice guy, and we visited some while the other 2 sat in the pickup
Blows my mind how city folks have absolutely no manners or common courtesy what so ever
They have no place in the country, they just don't belong
Rant over

Bet they weren't interested in the cattle carrying capacity either. Probably were looking for a place to hunt and use for recreation.

I put the bull in the chute and looked his foot over and the only thing I could find was a chipped off hoof. It didnt look that bad but he can barely walk

The buyers are wanting a hunting place but that's nothing new, it's the reason the land prices are inflated like they are
Most of these guys drink beer all night, sleep till noon then dress in full camo and go sit in a box blind about 5 :00 listening to music on their phone and playing on the Internet
If they see anything they shoot it, deer, hogs, rabbits, turtles, frogs, stumps, rocks

cross_7":1o7gzjog said:
I put the bull in the chute and looked his foot over and the only thing I could find was a chipped off hoof. It didnt look that bad but he can barely walk

The buyers are wanting a hunting place but that's nothing new, it's the reason the land prices are inflated like they are
Most of these guys drink beer all night, sleep till noon then dress in full camo and go sit in a box blind about 5 :00 listening to music on their phone and playing on the Internet
If they see anything they shoot it, deer, hogs, rabbits, turtles, frogs, stumps, rocks

And they call that hunt'n...

Kingfisher":3639r20m said:
You need a real ranch realtor....

Got one, he is as good as anybody in the business
He was a working man after several years in the in the PRCA and became a realtor. He can talk to knuckleheads like me then turn around and sell a several thousand acre ranch worth millions
He is as good an ol boy as I know

Real Estate Broker / Owner

9 years experience

Dane specializes in HUNTING and RANCH properties. He has been a ranch manager for Eagle Flat Land and Cattle Co. since 1984. He has been managing a cow/calf, stocker, and hunting operation. Dane understands the business and recreational sides of ranch management. He is very familiar with wildlife management and hunting in the NW Texas and SW Oklahoma area. Dane is a licensed Broker in Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico.

Reminds me of a big-city couple that came out to visit us at our place. A couple of our little 500-pound miniature herefords walked up and they jumped back - "will they attack??!!!" and then were totally freaked when the cows ate cubes from their hands. Then they saw one of my worst enemies, a cedar, and said "oh, isn't that beautiful?" and started taking pictures of each other standing in front of it. Then gave me the camera to take pictures of both of them standing in front of that dadgum cedar. Oh, my. Nice people and all, but.....

Ruark":tlo0yzss said:
Reminds me of a big-city couple that came out to visit us at our place. A couple of our little 500-pound miniature herefords walked up and they jumped back - "will they attack??!!!" and then were totally freaked when the cows ate cubes from their hands. Then they saw one of my worst enemies, a cedar, and said "oh, isn't that beautiful?" and started taking pictures of each other standing in front of it. Then gave me the camera to take pictures of both of them standing in front of that dadgum cedar. Oh, my. Nice people and all, but.....
One of my grandaughters was relly crazy about how pretty thistle flowers were. I told her it was a weed and she asked why it was a weed since it was so pretty. I told her a weed is just a flower in the wrong place. Then she started bugging me about making a flower garden for them so "they wouldn;t be out of place". I finally got out of it by telling her it was the wrong time of year to transplant them and by the next thistle season she had forgotten about it and we had gotten rid of almost all of the thistles.

dun":1zz352ai said:
One of my grandaughters was relly crazy about how pretty thistle flowers were. I told her it was a weed and she asked why it was a weed since it was so pretty. I told her a weed is just a flower in the wrong place. Then she started bugging me about making a flower garden for them so "they wouldn;t be out of place". I finally got out of it by telling her it was the wrong time of year to transplant them and by the next thistle season she had forgotten about it and we had gotten rid of almost all of the thistles.

I like that. : ) I can see her in my mind's eye pestering you about her "flower garden".