The American

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Just watched the American. I would like to have the chance to rope a steer for that kind of money. And it was pretty neat to watch the Wright boys riding saddle broncs. I think that it is pretty rare to see Dad and sons competing against each other in the bronc riding.

I missed it too. My dad's significant other's nephew was competing in saddle bronc but I didn't hear how he finished. Jake Watson. Can't seem to find the results.

Silver said:
I missed it too. My dad's significant other's nephew was competing in saddle bronc but I didn't hear how he finished. Jake Watson. Can't seem to find the results.

If that is the young man from BC, he made the final 4 but bucked off. Ryder Wright won the bronc riding.

Dave said:
Silver said:

If that is the young man from BC, he made the final 4 but bucked off. Ryder Wright won the bronc riding.

That is the young man in question. Thanks. I guess Ryder got his revenge for losing to Jake at the NFR

Looks like Jake actually finished in second 1.5 points behind the kid from Utah for a $25,000 pay out. I understand this money counts towards qualifying for the NFR so that's good.

It could be that Ryder was the only one to have a qualified ride in the final four. Ryder was in the high 80's, Jake bucked off, Ryder's Dad blew a stirup at about 7.5, and I don't remember what the fourth guy did.

Latest posts