Help Support CattleToday:

Red Angus v. Black Angus

• Red Angus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Angus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MikeC":zgssydor said:
Never had one of those "Shiners". Hows about sending me a case! :shock: or two! so's I can give 'em a try! ;-) Thanks
I might oughta bring some to that big Bar B Q this spring,eh MikeC.

la4angus":2f0p7fje said:
MikeC":2f0p7fje said:
Never had one of those "Shiners". Hows about sending me a case! :shock: or two! so's I can give 'em a try! ;-) Thanks
I might oughta bring some to that big Bar B Q this spring,eh MikeC.

That will do. We generally cook a hog and a half, a cow and a calf! ;-)

ga. prime":xgmiotrx said:
As Scotty said, the blacks far outnumber the reds and therefore offer a much expanded base of genetics, and that is what separates red from black.

Very few red angus around these here parts. Very few Shiner's too.

It's tough to debate red vs. black in a "catch all" category. I think it all depends on your program and what you are attempting or planning to do. The details of your business plan will influence your choice of red or black. For what we are doing in our operation on the cow/calf side, we have chosen red angus based dams. However, we look to feed black angus. It truely depends on what your goals are.

I vote for the Black Angus in the cattle question. In the U.S. it is the bigger breed and has greater genetic diversity. I also like the benefits of the CAB program and having every conceivable EPD known to man available to me.

In the beer's question,....the only "beer" I drink is 'root beer'. I prefer 'A&W' then 'Barq's', 'Sam's Choice', 'Clover Valley', 'Mug', 'Chek', and 'Southern Home' in that order; though will drink any of the above.

Brandon, what about Frostie(my fave) root beer? And how do you rate Dr.Pepper? Or Dr.Thunder(walmart's knockoff answer to Dr.Pepper) for that matter. I rate Dr.Pepper above all root beers. I never tried a Dr.Thunder. But I know people that have.

Latest posts