Thanksgiving traditions

Help Support CattleToday:

Before I got Cows - It was always deer hunting till noon, back home for Thanksgiving dinner at 1pm.

After I got Cows - It is working on the fences until 12:30, back home for Thanksgiving dinner at 1pm.

My favorite thanksgiving tradtion is not going anywhere or seeing anyone and just doing stuff around the farm just like any other day.

my sister in law and i share the holidays, pam does thanksgiving i do christmas eve, diane { not the crazy neighbor, but aunt deedee} LOL does easter .. pam had to work 911 thursday so she had dinner sunday.. our girls are comming this week from ohio so guess who has to cook dinner thursday ? but jane and i are getting togeather and doing dinner for family and freinds and guest house.. so it will be fun,, them well decorate the house for xmas..

Nowland Farms":1oyrp6yy said:
Before I got Cows - It was always deer hunting till noon, back home for Thanksgiving dinner at 1pm.

Think that hunting part is what I miss the most about Thanksgiving. Going to Grandaddy's and we always hunted in the morning. Then I got married and we started having Thanksgiving in the city.

Seems like when you have a farm, it is not easy for just the family, mom dad & 3 kids to be together. So after everyone leaves, or we leave (depending) we like to go out to catch a movie! It seems like it is the one time a year that all of us can go at the same time.

Michele

dun":55mko7g9 said:
My favorite thanksgiving tradtion is not going anywhere or seeing anyone and just doing stuff around the farm just like any other day.

Crotchety old fart!

Putting up the Christmas decorations the Saturday after.

I really don't have any kinds of Thanksgiving traditions. I have been trying to get some started blending our two families with little to no success.

Just lots of food.

We really don't have any traditions. We go to church and I let people pick a gourd, punkin, or squash out of the display I put in church and then we eat. One year we put in new fence it was so nice outside! this year forecast is 15* overnight and 32* for the day. I'll stay inside! :D
Thanksgiving really snuck up on me this year, it's so early!

I enjoy SEC football the day after Thanksgiving. Arkansas always plays LSU. I am afraid that we are outgunned this year and it will be a blood-bath.Someone said it would be a cold day in hell if we beat them in death valley this year.....but it IS turning off cold later this week, so who knows?? Stranger things have happened. :shock: :D

My favorite tradition is eating so much i'm in misery,drink a lot of beer, visiting with family, and when they leave take a long nap, then for the next 2 or 3 days eat leftovers, and brag about the grandkids.

Cal

like everyone im going to eat till i bust.ham an sweet taters an all the trimmings.cakes an pie for dessert.an then lay around an napp.but ill have to tend the cows thurs morning.

So eating is everyones favorite part. Mine too and I really like cooking for everyone. Another favorite part is that it is time for family and friends with no expectations like Christmas, with the presents and all. We like to play a little football too. Sometimes its in t-shirts and sometimes its in full winter gear!

Crowder, I was kinda wondering if Mrs. Crowder could pm me her stuffing recipe, you know the one with the agua dots in it. I think I might just need that one this year :lol:

A long tradition is going to be ended this year. :shock:

Our Daughter and Son in Law are going to be the hosts. :D :D :D

Do the cooking, the serving, the clean up. 8) 8) 8)

My Wife will be able to watch the Pack play Detroit. :banana: :banana:

What does Boss Lady think about the end of the tradition. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

MistyMorning":14p2n9bb said:
Crowder, I was kinda wondering if Mrs. Crowder could pm me her stuffing recipe, you know the one with the agua dots in it. I think I might just need that one this year :lol:

Aint no way. Last year she made it with Aqua Dots and we had a geriatric household full of horny ol' Goats.Trust me. Wernt a pretty sight! :shock:

mnmtranching":xvio75a0 said:
A long tradition is going to be ended this year. :shock:

Our Daughter and Son in Law are going to be the hosts. :D :D :D

Do the cooking, the serving, the clean up. 8) 8) 8)

My Wife will be able to watch the Pack play Detroit. :banana: :banana:

What does Boss Lady think about the end of the tradition. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Don't blame the Boss Lady one little bit! I've always said I'll take my potato salad anywhere...as long as it's not my own house.

Is this the son-in-law that was so terribly ill? If so, thank God...if not, my prayers are with him and the family.

Alice

Latest posts