Thanksgiving Early

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I took the notion to thaw one of our lighter turkeys the other night and I stuck him in the oven today when I got off. Just a warmup. Gt some mashed taters, green beans and cubed, baked sweet taters going in the oven. Baked bread earlier. We will be out of town on Thursday and wanted to cook here. Tomorrow pies!

This dinner is the appetizer.

Lammie":2xwt9xdk said:
I took the notion to thaw one of our lighter turkeys the other night and I stuck him in the oven today when I got off. Just a warmup. Gt some mashed taters, green beans and cubed, baked sweet taters going in the oven. Baked bread earlier. We will be out of town on Thursday and wanted to cook here. Tomorrow pies!

This dinner is the appetizer.

Sounds like a really good "appetizer" :D Happy Thanksgiving Lammie :wave:

I don't get fancy when I cook. Everything is pretty well meat and taters. Thanks. I guess Canada already had their version of Thanksgiving, huh?

Lammie":bccfb4lj said:
I don't get fancy when I cook. Everything is pretty well meat and taters. Thanks. I guess Canada already had their version of Thanksgiving, huh?

Yes, we had ours in October already . Your meal sounds delicious Lammie . :tiphat:

The wife of a friend of mine from church is from Canada. Every year they go north for Canadian Thanksgiving in October and then stay home for USA Thanksgiving in November. I pinned him down one Sunday at church and asked him what the bible said about gluttony. A guy who normally has a lot to say was caught sort of speechless.

hillsdown":1hohduop said:
Lammie":1hohduop said:

Yes, we had ours in October already . Your meal sounds delicious Lammie . :tiphat:
Wonder if the indians at the Canadian 1st thanksgiving were same ones that showed up at ours? Probably took them about a month to make the trip. :lol2:

Latest posts