Early spring is predicted..........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Pennsylvania's most famous prognosticating groundhog say he didn't see his shadow when the sun rose Saturday. Members of Punxsutawney Phil's inner circle revealed spring is coming early.

https://6abc.com/weather/its-groundhog-day-punxsutawney-phil-did-not-see-his-shadow/5117775/

They are lucky he didn't bite a piece out of their hand. Dragging him out of a warm den in this weather, I would have been grumpy.

theres like 6" of snow on the ground here but supposed to be 57 on monday

It is only February 2 so we have two more months of winter to get through. We could stand a little more snow for irrigation purposes a little later. Not that I am worried, I am the first place on both ditches. So if anyone has water, I have water. But some of the people who irrigate out of the smaller streams are worried.

I had the AC on for a little while today, till I got the windows open and cooled the house down from the 79 deg it was when I came in.

Dave said:
They are lucky he didn't bite a piece out of their hand. Dragging him out of a warm den in this weather, I would have been grumpy.

I tried to like this post but it came back with a thumbs down symbol, which is not what I meant. As for pulling that groundhog out of his hole, I not sure there is enough money of to be offered to get me to try pulling that rascal out. They got a heck of a bite.

Stupid rodent is right less than half of the time. First day of Spring is ALWAYS 3rd week of March; 20 or 21st. Doesn't matter what he says. We have had more than our share of cold, then real warm, then rain, and more rain, then colder, then warmer, with rain changing to snow and over 4 inches the 21st of march last year. And the cold and wet rains in April... so what spring we get will get here when it is time, and no Pa groundhog is going to make a bit of difference. We were in the single digits and 20's the last 2 weeks at night, wind chills that y'all felt right through your bones up in the midwest and north, and today we were nearly 60 with possibility of 70 by the middle of this week. Bet that it doesn't hold though. We don't seem to get much spring anymore, goes from chilly wet to hot. And colder weather doesn't come in like it used to around Thanksgiving. We have had mild temps more often than not late in Dec. many years, with the more serious weather coming in Jan and lasting later with cold later into the spring.

Phooey on Phil !!!!!

Jan, we are almost gonna hit 80 this week. And only a couple of days ago it was 24. Been keeping a close eye on all the cows and calves. Big temp swings.

Was 78 Tuesday..80 yesterday. Warm enough Tuesday I went fishing at the pond and got 2 bass. Front just hit and temp dropped 12 degrees in 5 minutes and rainy now..low of 36 tonight and high in mid 40s tomorrow. It was nice while it lasted tho.

greybeard said:
Was 78 Tuesday..80 yesterday. Warm enough Tuesday I went fishing at the pond and got 2 bass. Front just hit and temp dropped 12 degrees in 5 minutes and rainy now..low of 36 tonight and high in mid 40s tomorrow. It was nice while it lasted tho.

Just started raining here.
Wind just shifted.

Almost 80 degrees yesterday, high of 45 today and tomorrow low of 24 with high of 35 predicted. But saw some trees today that were already budded out. Didn't notice what kind they were.

I call :bs: on an early Spring! Freezing sleet the past 2 days turned into thunderstorms last night with 45 mph gusts, -6 this morning but got all the way up to a balmy 23 (real feel 6). Schools closed, events cancelled. Just thankful we aren't calving for another couple weeks.

Latest posts