Early spring is predicted..........

Help Support CattleToday:

It was 10F here this morning. The 10 day forecast stays below freezing for the entire forecast and starting Saturday there is a chance of snow everyday for the rest of the 10 days. I guess our mild winter is coming to an end.

Got up to 72 here today, supposed to be mid 20's in the morning. Highs in the 30's next couple days then back to 40's and 50's for several days. Hills look like they are greening up, but not growing yet, weeds are coming out though. Saw some dandelions bloomed out today.

TCRanch said:
I call :bs: on an early Spring! Freezing sleet the past 2 days turned into thunderstorms last night with 45 mph gusts, -6 this morning but got all the way up to a balmy 23 (real feel 6). Schools closed, events cancelled. Just thankful we aren't calving for another couple weeks.

A number of schools scattered in this area are closed but not because of weather......FLU is everwhere.

TexasBred said:
TCRanch said:
I call :bs: on an early Spring! Freezing sleet the past 2 days turned into thunderstorms last night with 45 mph gusts, -6 this morning but got all the way up to a balmy 23 (real feel 6). Schools closed, events cancelled. Just thankful we aren't calving for another couple weeks.

A number of schools scattered in this area are closed but not because of weather......FLU is everwhere.
Yup. They're restricting visitation at the hospitals here because of the flu. Hubby came down with pneumonia & bronchitis over the holidays, gave me the flu so hopefully we're over it for the year.

I said that you shouldn't believe a D#@#ed RODENT !!!!! Was up in the 70's Mon & Tues.... 60's Wed & Thurs.... went from 63 at midnight Thurs night/ Fri morning down to 36 by 7 p.m. Fri eve and still dropping. Teens on Sat night. Maybe going to get rain/WINTRY Mix Sun / Mon..... We had some thunder on night a week ago.
TCRanch..... I will believe anything. Pretty Picture but I bet it is brutal on the animals... and the people feeding them.
We are about 24-36 hours behind y'all in the weather dept.

The wind must have blown last night. There is about 2 inches of that early spring on the front porch and the deck this morning (they are both covered).

uplandnut said:
Early spring my butt! We have gotten over 20 inches of snow since he claimed early spring.

"Early" is relative. No idea where you're located but what is normal time for spring? Anything before that normal time might be considered as "early". :shock:

Caustic Burno said:
Raining right now. Like everyone else it's slop here. If we get a storm with some real wind Timber is going to hit the ground.
A lot of rock slides around here. I have already filled in two sink holes that fell in that cattle could get trapped and it isn't over yet. I am not going to complain about the rain as it is better than the opposite though.

Caustic Burno said:
Raining right now. Like everyone else it's slop here. If we get a storm with some real wind Timber is going to hit the ground.
Rained all night, t-storms this morning, sun just came out with gusts up to 45 mph. Yup, I'll be picking up limbs/branches today.

Caustic Burno said:

We got a pretty strong and windy T-storm early this morning....sideways rain for awhile. The last 24 hrs were just misting drizzling muggy nasty weather.
Winds switched to the Northwest, and I thought it was going to clear off after that little t-storm, but it's back to full low clouds again now. At least it isn't cold.
We have the AC on....too humid to open the windows.
I've only had 2-3 days that the temp got below freezing all winter and it's about over, but 3 different days now, it's thundered this month........

Latest posts