Thanks to all....................

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
With a few exceptions this is a pretty darn good bunch of folks!

Your welcome ( unless I'm one of the few :lol2: ). I agree, a really good bunch of folks here. I go on another site that is mainly crop farmers, about half of which yall would call "yankees" and on the surface they're very polite, always willing to help, but I don't think they ever have the kind of friendships that you find here, just different somehow. So thanks to you dun for all the good advice.

Larry

I'm wondering how many of us are thinking they may be in the "few exception" category? :lol:

Alan

dun":3v8m3v7i said:
Still po'd at Pinz for dissin your green machine?

Yeah, for the most part some real decent folks.

MistyMorning":3o9fycmt said:
dun":3o9fycmt said:

I gotta say the Deere bashing is a little hard to take sometimes, but I've got a neighbor right next door that runs "blue", I've offered many times to let him use some good equipment but he persist :lol2: .

Larry

larryshoat":7p93f1iz said:
MistyMorning":7p93f1iz said:
dun":7p93f1iz said:

I gotta say the Deere bashing is a little hard to take sometimes, but I've got a neighbor right next door that runs "blue", I've offered many times to let him use some good equipment but he persist :lol2: .

Larry
He may not like green but as a redeaming qulaity he does drive FORDS

dun":2lgtaadt said:
He may not like green but as a redeaming qulaity he does drive FORDS

You have to have something dependable to get to the blue parts store.

Alan":2lgtaadt said:
I'm wondering how many of us are thinking they may be in the "few exception" category? :lol:

Alan

I just always assume I am, and don't worry about it.

I don't know why anyone would want a tractor that doesn't have the self changing oil feature like a ford does. Just baffles me. :???:

Jogeephus":32w0qz7t said:
I don't know why anyone would want a tractor that doesn't have the self changing oil feature like a ford does. Just baffles me. :???:

We used to run Case tractors, those things dripped oil constantly from somewhere. we would go through 3 or 4 drums of hydraulic oil a year. Our deere tractors may drip every once in a while, but not much. As far as small tractors a lot of the big tractor makers were never serious about making good smaller tractors, thus the popularity of the blue tractors, for hay and chore tractors they are very good, but for heavy tillage nothing runs like a deere. That 466 motor and that 15spd powershift trans are fairly bullet proof. I do think now that case ih makes a good tractor. When case sold david brown and called it a tractor, what a joke.

Larry

MistyMorning":1j5rskpo said:
dun":1j5rskpo said:

That's just the tip of the iceburg, I'm sure he's got dozens of other reasons to be PO'd at me.

It's funny how the good folks either stick around or disappear for good. The jackasses just keep popping back up, but under different names.

larryshoat":1aju9pnj said:
Jogeephus":1aju9pnj said:

We used to run Case tractors, those things dripped oil constantly from somewhere. we would go through 3 or 4 drums of hydraulic oil a year. Our deere tractors may drip every once in a while, but not much. As far as small tractors a lot of the big tractor makers were never serious about making good smaller tractors, thus the popularity of the blue tractors, for hay and chore tractors they are very good, but for heavy tillage nothing runs like a deere. That 466 motor and that 15spd powershift trans are fairly bullet proof. I do think now that case ih makes a good tractor. When case sold david brown and called it a tractor, what a joke.

Larry
Larry
a Case now is pretty much the same as a NH or at least in the 150hp to 90hp tractors

and as far as the green tractors go you are correct anything above a 140-150hp tractor for dirt farming would be green
I have nothing against them green tractors just like ribbing a few on here about them and if we had a better dealer around here I might still own one but our dealer service is inadequate so therefore I own blue now plus I can't see giving an extra 5-10k for a used green tractor when I can buy a blue that will do anything the green can and last just as long with no more breakdowns or repairs than the green one has

Everyone on here bashes Angus for CAB and all they have done is make Angus a household word the same as Deere did 50-60 yrs ago with good advertising

Angus Cowman":1zwtmafm said:
Everyone on here bashes Angus for CAB and all they have done is make Angus a household word the same as Deere did 50-60 yrs ago with good advertising

The folks who bash the angus breed have not made it a household name, the angus assn has done so with millions of dollars in advertising campaigns. Much the same as JD has done. It cracks me up to see all of the JD t-shirts and hats worn by people who've never rode on a tractor in their life, or anything made by JD for that matter.

cfpinz":2blwmih3 said:
Angus Cowman":2blwmih3 said:

The folks who bash the angus breed have not made it a household name, the angus assn has done so with millions of dollars in advertising campaigns. Much the same as JD has done. It cracks me up to see all of the JD t-shirts and hats worn by people who've never rode on a tractor in their life, or anything made by JD for that matter.
That's in the same category as the people with huge 4wd trucks with oversized tires that have never been closer to 4 wheeling then may driving down a gravel road. In some places not enough that close to anything dirt

cfpinz":lesl8ijs said:
It's funny how the good folks either stick around or disappear for good.
Near as I can figure, those of us that stick around are all here cause we're not all there. :help:

For what its worth I was at a tractor pull last night with my people. Over 90 tractors pulling, and only 2 of them were Fords. Enough red and green to make it look like Christmas in the pit.

cfpinz":12skxxo7 said:
Angus Cowman":12skxxo7 said:
Everyone on here bashes Angus for CAB and all the Angus Association has done is make Angus a household word the same as Deere did 50-60 yrs ago with good advertising

corrected to what I meant to say

Deere has had great advertising as long as I can remember.
But I'll give some credit to the product as well. Deere was ahead of the field in ergonomics, i.e. operator comfort. They always favored a long wheelbase, and long wheelbase tractors ride smoother. Their seats are top notch. Their cabs are made for long days. The whole package is a lot smoother. Less vibration, more quiet. And they go where you point them.
Advertising will only sell a product for a short time. After that you stand on merit. The farmers here who work the long hours seem to favor them.