Thanks to all....................

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":oxj3w89i said:
cfpinz":oxj3w89i said:
Angus Cowman":oxj3w89i said:
Everyone on here bashes Angus for CAB and all they have done is make Angus a household word the same as Deere did 50-60 yrs ago with good advertising

The folks who bash the angus breed have not made it a household name, the angus assn has done so with millions of dollars in advertising campaigns. Much the same as JD has done. It cracks me up to see all of the JD t-shirts and hats worn by people who've never rode on a tractor in their life, or anything made by JD for that matter.[/quote]
That's in the same category as the people with huge 4wd trucks with oversized tires that have never been closer to 4 wheeling then may driving down a gravel road. In some places not enough that close to anything dirt[/quote]

Good points, everybody wants to be a cowboy till they figure out you ain't sittin around the camp fire strummin guitars. These kids come out here with their boots and belt buckles, and nothin runs like a Deere shirts, about half a day of sweat runnin down the crack of their butt (like it's been here for a month now) or in the winter with the zero wind blowin up their butt, their ready to go back to town.

Larry

angie":11tmkiya said:
cfpinz":11tmkiya said:
It's funny how the good folks either stick around or disappear for good.
Near as I can figure, those of us that stick around are all here cause we're not all there. :help:

For what its worth I was at a tractor pull last night with my people. Over 90 tractors pulling, and only 2 of them were Fords. Enough red and green to make it look like Christmas in the pit.

That Ford Genesis motor is a good one, and would make a good puller. I think the reason you don't see more Fords pulling is that parts to make a puller are so much more available for the red and green therefore cheaper to build. Hey angie, if you want to build one go to pulloff.com, a good place to start, girls can pull too ya know.

Larry

john250":zgbgvt84 said:
Deere has had great advertising as long as I can remember.
But I'll give some credit to the product as well. Deere was ahead of the field in ergonomics, i.e. operator comfort. They always favored a long wheelbase, and long wheelbase tractors ride smoother. Their seats are top notch. Their cabs are made for long days. The whole package is a lot smoother. Less vibration, more quiet. And they go where you point them. Advertising will only sell a product for a short time. After that you stand on merit. The farmers here who work the long hours seem to favor them.
that depends on the series
the newer NH and case have the roomiest cab on the market now in their midsize T6000 series
heck even ol Jed who's blood runs green sure like the cab on my NH

Friend of mine has 3 or 4 Olivers that he pulls in different classes. They're green too.

Latest posts