Texas & Oklahoma Urban Cowboys

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm a member of the Louisiana Catt. Assn, but don't attend any meetings. The monthly magazine alone is worth the yearly dues to me.

K-SHIRES":39fbgik6 said:
Caustic Burno-
Quote..."you are responsible for your operation and no one else..."........you are responsible for everything that goes right or wrong with the operation."....
Just between me and you and the fencepost, I reckon I've failed you. I never saw it clearly before, the way you see it. Now I do. From here out, will tighten up the cinch and follow your lead. Much Obliged.

Now you are headed down the road to to a bright and rewarding future in cattle and life. Ranching is about choices as life the right, wrong or no decision but you are the only one responsible, once you realize this it's much easier.

Help me here. I feel terrible for these ranchers and farmers. A few months ago I was scared that the same was coming towards me. 32000 acres of Eastland county and over 10000 of comanche was torched. I want to help but at were should I start and stop. What I mean is I have enough hay for this year. Plan on cutting hay again but what if it does not rain? I kept a heifer that were not good enough to register and was going to sell as commercial. My wife and I are willing to donate her as we don't need another cow but she would fetch at least 800 or more. I am cuaght in a tough spot of trying to help and to make money for my family. Tell me what yall think.

Most of us have been faced with these situations- at least I know I have. Give what you can afford to give when you can afford to give it, but don't put you're own family in jeopardy. Lots of small donations are just as good as a few big ones.

VanC":3dty6nce said:
Lots of small donations are just as good as a few big ones.

That's how I look at it. I have given, but not as much as I would like to, but I figure if enough give a little, it adds up to alot.

Katherine

Scotty":15f4tk1l said:
I am caught in a tough spot of trying to help and to make money for my family. Tell me what yall think.
I'm with you, Scotty. In exactly the same predicament. I think I might have some hay left over. But I'm not sure enough to commit it. We're still a long way from having grass here. We sent money to the Mississippi Cattleman's Ass'n after Hurrican Katrina. Sent more money to cattlemen after Rita in Texas and Louisiana. And I'm sure we'll come up with something now, even though it's a long way until payday around here. Like others have said, if all of us can just do a little bit, it will help out a lot.

My Check went in the Mail yesterday, Wish I could have done a lot more. I feel we all have a duty to help our fellow Cattlemen/Women. I know if it were us in this position, they'd be there to help me. We've just been very fortunate.

Texan":nvfsj6t9 said:
Scotty":nvfsj6t9 said:
I am caught in a tough spot of trying to help and to make money for my family. Tell me what yall think.
I'm with you, Scotty. In exactly the same predicament. I think I might have some hay left over. But I'm not sure enough to commit it. We're still a long way from having grass here. We sent money to the Mississippi Cattleman's Ass'n after Hurrican Katrina. Sent more money to cattlemen after Rita in Texas and Louisiana. And I'm sure we'll come up with something now, even though it's a long way until payday around here. Like others have said, if all of us can just do a little bit, it will help out a lot.
If you can send money to help people in Miss. and La., then I just reckon I can send something over toTexas.

Scotty":83vltl2t said:
Help me here. I feel terrible for these ranchers and farmers. A few months ago I was scared that the same was coming towards me. 32000 acres of Eastland county and over 10000 of comanche was torched. I want to help but at were should I start and stop. What I mean is I have enough hay for this year. Plan on cutting hay again but what if it does not rain? I kept a heifer that were not good enough to register and was going to sell as commercial. My wife and I are willing to donate her as we don't need another cow but she would fetch at least 800 or more. I am cuaght in a tough spot of trying to help and to make money for my family. Tell me what yall think.

Well Scotty - forgive me my small preach please.

It has been tough here and there is really no sign of it easing p for another couple of years.

Yesterday a neighbour pulled into the yard with about 120 small squares - excellent hay. Told me to keep it and thanks for something I had done for him last year.

You know what I did for him? Despite not having lots of available cash on hand I bought him a couple of hundred gallons of diesel fuel. He needed it to finish his hay and had run out of money. I told him it was his - no payback please.

What goes around will always come around.

If you give, you get back ten fold. And I could tell you an awful lot of stories how folks rallied to help this place. Some very anonymously.

It does not have to be feed - it can be almost anything that you think might come in handy.

Personally, I am forever grateful.

Bez!

Bez!":5wuvxrnd said:
Scotty":5wuvxrnd said:

Well Scotty - forgive me my small preach please.

It has been tough here and there is really no sign of it easing p for another couple of years.

Yesterday a neighbour pulled into the yard with about 120 small squares - excellent hay. Told me to keep it and thanks for something I had done for him last year.

You know what I did for him? Despite not having lots of available cash on hand I bought him a couple of hundred gallons of diesel fuel. He needed it to finish his hay and had run out of money. I told him it was his - no payback please.

What goes around will always come around.

If you give, you get back ten fold. And I could tell you an awful lot of stories how folks rallied to help this place. Some very anonymously.

It does not have to be feed - it can be almost anything that you think might come in handy.

Personally, I am forever grateful.

Bez!

I am with Bez on this one check went out I hope in some small way it helps. Nothing ever expected in return.
This is a tough time and anybody that has been in this business long has been faced with a simular issue.
This is when you get to grab ahold of your boot staps or you quit. This is part of the responsible speech if you view the world as the victim you will never recover.

We're member of ITLA, TLBAA, NAPHA, and TWHBEA.

Wife does all the networking and/or attending shows, events.

Not member of Texas Cattlemen's Association since they don't allegedly care anything about Longhorns...lol.

Latest posts