TECO Squeeze Chute

Help Support CattleToday:

suitep123

Reaction score
We're really just getting started. We built a corral/holding pen, an alley and a head gate to work our calves with - and it has worked real well for us. Our calves are now big enough that trying to work them in a rope-bound and hand-held head gate is pretty scarey (hubby says ludicrous).

I have seen on here before that the TECO is not the most popular choice in squeeze chutes by any means; however, we got our hands on one for free. As the old saying goes - you get what you pay for, and hubby's got about 20 hours into it so far! It was more than just bent, but not quite mangled (well, maybe parts of it were). It became very disassembled during the process of being ran into by something big, loading and unloading it twice with a backhoe by pieces into two pickup trucks in order to get it home. It was headed for the steel mill when we rescued it.

Now, it's amazingly straight (from my point of view) and the guys are at the point of reassembling and they have a couple issues.

There are 2 chains on the back gate but we don't have a clue where they go.
There are 2 spings (pretty good sized ones) don't know where those go either. The ones that are inside the head gate are back in and working well.
There is a chain eyelet on the top left of front arch - what goes here?
There are chain eyelets on the front and rear arches and also on the front bars of the squeeze sides.

We know it's scrap iron but hopefully we won't have to have this one for very long, but it is what we have now and it's a damn site better than the wooden one......

If anyone has any knowledge of these chutes and might have an idea or two of how to finish putting it back together, we would really appreciate your help! I can send or post pictures if that would help.

Thank you so much! Y'all are such a big help!
Pauline

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post some if you can, somebody will have an idea.

Latest posts