Squeeze Chute

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice feature... like most of chute mfg's, even though the chute itself can easily be narrowed up appropriately, they built a nice big spot at the palp cage area for the calves to get turned around in if they don't think that they're going to like the experience that lies ahead... ;)(n):rolleyes:

The Powder River runs through Baker City. That is a hint as to where they first started building chutes. Virtually all the older chutes you see around here are Powder River. Now the biggest livestock supply dealer in the county sells Arrow chutes. I was just there yesterday and counted 9 squeeze chutes in their yard. I know they will also sell Silencer chutes but I don't think they sell enough $20,000 chutes to keep one in stock.
Interesting side story. One of my neighbors has a beat to rag dolls hydraulic chute. I have no idea what brand it is as it is beat beyond recognition. Hr bought a Silencer chute. It was paid for but sat at the dealer for several months as he was too busy to go pick it up. So mid summer he finally hauled it home. It was unloaded about 30 feet from the old chute and here in December it is still sitting in that spot.

Nice feature... like most of chute mfg's, even though the chute itself can easily be narrowed up appropriately, they built a nice big spot at the palp cage area for the calves to get turned around in if they don't think that they're going to like the experience that lies ahead... ;)(n):rolleyes:
That is why I like my Arrowquip chute; with my 86 series the palp cage stays the same width as the squeeze.

I agree, hands down the Arrow quip 86 is the best chute I've ever purchased. Wish I had the hydraulic now, but not willing to shell out the extra $$$ they want for it. Prices have really climbed in the last few years. I expect due to popularity and price of steel. Next chute on my bucket list is a Cow Country calf table. Look slick, with access to the whole calf, but have never actually used one.

I agree, hands down the Arrow quip 86 is the best chute I've ever purchased. Wish I had the hydraulic now, but not willing to shell out the extra $$$ they want for it. Prices have really climbed in the last few years. I expect due to popularity and price of steel. Next chute on my bucket list is a Cow Country calf table. Look slick, with access to the whole calf, but have never actually used one.

I know what you mean about the extra cost for they hydraulic; I also would have to bring in power as well, and to have an electrician come and bring in the power is quite pricey as well. So I will stay with the manual for now.

I have a Cow Country calf table, they pretty much work just like the Johnson calf table. The only problem that I have had with mine is that sometimes a calf may stick its leg through the slot for the arms that hold the calf.

I keep hanging around here and I'm going to wind up buying an Arrow to put in the barn and converting my old ForMost into a portable unit.

I keep hanging around here and I'm going to wind up buying an Arrow to put in the barn and converting my old ForMost into a portable unit.
If i was just a few miles closer would I have a deal for you! Your still welcome to try it before you buy it anytime.

What is it about the 74 or even the 54 that would impede working small calves efficiently? It looks like they all squeeze down to the same dimension.
The 87 has many additional features..one is the lower additional rump bar fingers are great. We are old and it's just me and my wife so need all the help we can get lol.

Latest posts