tear him up... *pics*

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Here is one of our young bulls... tear him up, tell me what ya'll think.

SD Remarkable Redemption
D.O.B. 5/04/2005
Weighed 426lbs on 10/22/2005 (171 days), but we haven't weighed him since.

sd_remarkable_redemptionSmall.jpg

DSC00520Small.jpg

Ryan

Ryan I don't know cow crap from wild honey when it comes to what a good longhorn should look like. Cattle seem to have all the traits for a rough commercial operation cept them horns.

I'm w/ Caustic on this one. It looks to me like for a longhorn he's at least in the right type of country.

Nice looking bull-I'd say this one is more along the lines of what I like to see in a Longhorn calf. Nice conformation and he's got the horns to go along with it.

he looks good for a longhorn i think. whats he eating in that trough? i thought longhorns only ate cacti and nails and stuff.

That sounds like some of the things I've heard people say-"You mean you have to feed them-I thought they could live off of rocks and water?" That may be why so many people see Longhorns that look so poor because they don't get any feed.

Arnold Ziffle":324zsstv said:
Good looking LH calf. I hope he grows out for you to really resemble his sire, which I asume is Redeemer's Redemption. Right?

Yessir.

In the trough is a bucketfull of nails and barbwire and thorns from various plants on the place. Makes bulk up pretty good and makes them more hardy once out in the pasture. ;-)

He's a may calf...Just turned 9 months i guess.

my math was wrong if born at the beginning of may, he'd be just over 8 months old

Hi !
I just came across this site while searching for some record keeping tips for our cattle.
Just had to tell Ryan that is one good lookin bull calf!!

We raise reg. longhorns also. Just got a new bull outta Nebraska a few months back. We are hoping for a crop of heifers!!

pretty good lookin' for his age, i like a little more muscle on the front end, but then again i like to let my bulls fight with others of the same age. had mine with a beefmaster, who was bigger than him @ 10-12 months but the Longhorn could push him around. Kinda like picking on the fat kid. :eek:

rancherswife":1ilzpku2 said:
Hi !
I just came across this site while searching for some record keeping tips for our cattle.
Just had to tell Ryan that is one good lookin bull calf!!

We raise reg. longhorns also. Just got a new bull outta Nebraska a few months back. We are hoping for a crop of heifers!!

Thanks for the comment on him.

If you don't mind me asking, who did you get your new bull from in Nebraska?

Ryan

I don't mind at all :lol:
We bought him from Dick and Jan Barnard. Really great people!

Hubby is going to the Denver stock show next week and I am scared to death he's gonna come home with more cows!!!

rancherswife":276teb2a said:
I don't mind at all :lol:
We bought him from Dick and Jan Barnard. Really great people!

Hubby is going to the Denver stock show next week and I am scared to death he's gonna come home with more cows!!!

lol... THere will be some good ones there...

Good Luck with your bull!!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan.

I am sure there is gonna be some good longhorns in Denver but if he don't quit buying cows the grandbabies are never gonna make it to college!!!!!!

I would love to post a pic of Atticus but I am technically challenged so I gotta figure out how to do it :oops:

at the top of the Breeds Board there is a Sticky message on how to Post a Picture. We'd love to see him.