TB status in MN

Help Support CattleToday:

idylglade1

Reaction score
Just received notice from the Mn Animal Board of Helath on the TB status of MN. They will be imposing whole herd TB testing for those that will send cattle out of state and to slaughter. They are suppose to be sending out some 42,000 letters to prople but obviously the letter was dater Feb 19, 2008 and alot of people have not received notice and a majority of the first meetings are done. Just wondered what people thought about this. Here is the link http://www.bah.state.mn.us It is under the latest news from the board, click on the click here for more info and you can see the letter. Thanks dun and macon for your help!

Well, sorry to hear for you folks but Michigan has been fighting the TB war for a while. We MUST get a handle on our deer population and the politicians don't seem to "get it" hopefully your Department of Natural Resources will do a better job than our DNR in helping to eradicate. I would expect that each state with high deer populations would find the same issues if they imposed testing.

I agree totally. This is out of control! Many ranchers are suffering because they wont take the measures to eradicate that deer population up there. I heard that you in Michigan are in a split staus. If you are are you split in 2 or 3 areas?

Yes, 3 areas. Problem has been isolated to Northern Michigan.. UNTIL this deer season when a deer head tested positive, just got the results last week and we will see what they do with this information to that area of the state. NOT GOOD. They have GOT to increase the doe permits and STOP baiting.

Thank you for posting! I know that the DNR in MN set up lots of new regs when chronic wasting came through a couple years ago. Shut down the fawn rehab program. With so few of us they were moving too many fawns out of Co of origin to CO of rehabber. Will be interseting to see where this goes.

Latest posts