Taking Medication

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":1lx17q0n said:
M.Magis":1lx17q0n said:
Caustic Burno":1lx17q0n said:
Have you ever tried Tramadol works pretty good for me for Degenerative Disc Disease without all the side effects.
Haven't heard of it, but may need to look into it. The epidurals provide a huge relief for me, but are a bit more short lived each time. My back pain has become almost unbearable the last few days, but it's too soon for another shot. So I'm stuck taking more vicodin than I like to take. It may be time to talk to the surgeon. Haven't been there since 2006, and he said to just live with the pain and come back when I can't any longer. That time's coming…
need to take care of that before it does more damage ...the thought of not being able to get around scares the he%$ out of me.. when i say i love my indepedence... i dont mean sitting in a hoveround over looking the Grand Canyon type

You're right, I need to do something. What's held me off is the fear that the doctor will tell me I can't lift anything anymore. That would mean not being able to get much done on the farm, and most important, not being able to pick up my boys (3 & 5). I guess I need to find out, it's not getting better by sitting here.

Depending on what's happening, is it bulging discs or degeneration of the vertebra? If it is a disc lesion, they're doing a non-invasive laser approach in Florida. A family member went down to have it done in his lower back and it was an outpatient procedure. 80 year old people were walking the next day. Pretty amazing and something to check into. Plus, it would be a preventative procedure, so I'm sure Obamacate will cover it. :roll:

It is because if that, I would look into things now.

An occasional Ibuprofen when I put in a hard day. But generally aches and pains have been a way of life for the last 40-45 years so I have gotten use to ignoring them.

An occasional headache tablet now...but know my time will come as at times I feel the lower back taking flack.

Nothin regular yet but I have a feeling I need to get to the doctor and get a few things looked after.
I hate even having to take aspirin but I'm real close to deciding to take Aleve every morning. Seems my body is telling me to slow down a bit

hooknline":3qgsul4l said:
Nothin regular yet but I have a feeling I need to get to the doctor and get a few things looked after.
I hate even having to take aspirin but I'm real close to deciding to take Aleve every morning. Seems my body is telling me to slow down a bit

You have to slow down and smell the roses sometimes..
what pushed me over the edge was... Bouncer at a night club from 10-2am got home around 2:30am got up at 5:30 got to the office around 6am dispatched the crews where they need to go and I also went where i needed to go whether it be me doing a tree job or going to give estimates.. get home around 4pm do farm work till about 7pm eat hangout with family that was my schedule 5 times a week for years. Dr told me I caused my problems by not giving my body rest.

Skyhigh, the way you eat means a lot. Take that for what it's worth, I have seen pictures of your plate. I take a Norvasc tablet every morning for blood pressure, and a Trama-Dol, and a Flexeril pill every night for pain. If you have back and or neck pain you need to try Trama-Dol and Flexeril, no bad side effects like the hard stuff. Diet and exercise really helps, walking works for me.

Highgrit that is so true... My wife gets after me all the time about how I eat. Dr told me to loose weight today so my meals starting sunday will be Yogurt and fruit for a while lol I haven't been walking as much as I normally do but starting this month I will since its hunting season. Exercise really does help though. I sometimes will set up my rig and climb up and down trees a few times because thats about the best workout I can come up with and exert the most energy.

highgrit":3b311nat said:
Skyhigh, the way you eat means a lot. Take that for what it's worth, I have seen pictures of your plate. I take a Norvasc tablet every morning for blood pressure, and a Trama-Dol, and a Flexeril pill every night for pain. If you have back and or neck pain you need to try Trama-Dol and Flexeril, no bad side effects like the hard stuff. Diet and exercise really helps, walking works for me.

:clap: :tiphat: very good post

I take 5 mg of Crestor for cholesterol. That is the lowest dose. I have excellent blood pressure. I am planning on living until I die. I was thinking this morning how hard it is to drink only one or two glasses of wine. If I were diagnosed with terminal cancer, I think I would try an alcohol cure. If you are going to die anyway, my thought is why not advance medicine and see if alcohol offers a cure? I would drink a fifth of good Kentucky Bourbon and chase it with a couple bottles of wine each day. It would either cure it, kill you or you would die of the cancer anyway.

inyati13":2ovwgdml said:
I take 5 mg of Crestor for cholesterol. That is the lowest dose. I have excellent blood pressure. I am planning on living until I die. I was thinking this morning how hard it is to drink only one or two glasses of wine. If I were diagnosed with terminal cancer, I think I would try an alcohol cure. If you are going to die anyway, my thought is why not advance medicine and see if alcohol offers a cure? I would drink a fifth of good Kentucky Bourbon and chase it with a couple bottles of wine each day. It would either cure it, kill you or you would die of the cancer anyway.
either way you aint gonna give a dam which :lol2:

:cowboy: nobody has mentioned the little blue pill and as old as some of you are I know there's some around :tiphat:

M5farm":3ltd0a4x said:
:cowboy: nobody has mentioned the little blue pill and as old as some of you are I know there's some around :tiphat:

Mine's pink and only have to take one twice a year. I'd take more but I'm finding there's no use when there's a lack of participation.

slick4591":ncaqzo0a said:
M5farm":ncaqzo0a said:

Mine's pink and only have to take one twice a year. I'd take more but I'm finding there's no use when there's a lack of participation.
If isom's avatar stars looking good, get some real help

inyati13":1ynijt8u said:

Replace the wine with more whiskey. Then when you die they can just throw a match on you and cremate you on the spot. :cowboy:

highgrit":2x3xmq8k said:

Your dead on about walking I do a mile and a half every morning.

M5farm":l5gcfvgk said:

Not here.
Tattoo starts out saying Short when the occasion presents itself says Shorthorn Bar and Grill Chattanooga Tennessee.

I take Claritin about a month out of the year. Other than that beestings and beer can fix just about whatever is ailing me. :D
I do think my elbow and shoulder are getting to the point where I either need to start seeing a doctor or give up the breeding route though. I have a huge pain tolerance but when I physically CAN'T do something because my arm just flat doesn't work right I start getting a little nervous.

As far as little blue pills, I want one that works the opposite way. When I factor in the time and money and effort I've put in and then look at the results, I'd be better off if I could just be happy not getting any. :nod:

Latest posts