Taking Medication

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Does anyone in here have to take medication everyday ? I hate taking my meds and stopped taking them for a lil while then this morning dr tells me i have to go back on meds cause my heart rates up and blood pressure is up... :eek: ... I hate taking meds but I guess if I want to live I need to keep on.

Lipitor............i have so much fat in my blood that you could use it for motor oil :frowns:

Twice a day for the past 2 years for CHF The 15 years before that 1 pill a day for cholesterol after bypass surgery.

Vicodin for back pain. No set amount, my back lets me know when I need it. I only take 1/2 pill as needed.
I also take Prilosec for acid reflux. I tried stopping, it only took a few days of skipping it for my body to tell me that was a mistake.

When I turned 30 2 months after I almost died from A-FIB or Atrial fibrillation. My heart dr said I was his youngest patient ever to have that. I survived and then have been on medication since and let me tell you for someone that could move a mountain getting your legs swept out from underneath you and being put on medication it was depressing. I can't tolerate heat that well anymore and get tired faster than before. :(

M.Magis":2y4jmadm said:
Vicodin for back pain. No set amount, my back lets me know when I need it. I only take 1/2 pill as needed.
I also take Prilosec for acid reflux. I tried stopping, it only took a few days of skipping it for my body to tell me that was a mistake.
i take it to, and would give a $100.00
for one pill when i needed it...

ALACOWMAN":1ihwf3r7 said:
M.Magis":1ihwf3r7 said:
i take it to, and would give a $100.00
for one pill when i needed it...

Have you ever tried Tramadol works pretty good for me for Degenerative Disc Disease without all the side effects.
My back is shot with seven disc gone, cant take any kind of opiate without being hospitalized as it give me arrhythmia.
Getting over a bleeding ulcer right now from prescription NSAIDS Nexium is my best friend as of now.
I am as scared of an aspirin or aleve as a grizzly bear.
You want to loose weight give up nicotine and caffeine go on the bleeding ulcer diet.
First time in fifty years I have been caffeine and nicotine free. I started out with the disposition of timber rattler I got a little grumpier.

Caustic Burno":2o97prlf said:
Have you ever tried Tramadol works pretty good for me for Degenerative Disc Disease without all the side effects.
I used to take it but puking a half hour after taking it kind of discouraged me. Also not being able to eat for a day or 2 afterwards had the doc shock up because of the losing 35 pounds (I only weighed 150 to start) After getting the shots in my spine I take an occasional hydrocodone. Works better and I don;t get the puckes or lose weight.
Meloxicam worked real well but by the time it had really gotten effective I started having stomach bleeding.

dun":2cs7fiz4 said:
Caustic Burno":2cs7fiz4 said:
I used to take it but puking a half hour after taking it kind of discouraged me. Also not being able to eat for a day or 2 afterwards had the doc shock up because of the losing 35 pounds (I only weighed 150 to start) After getting the shots in my spine I take an occasional hydrocodone. Works better and I don;t get the puckes or lose weight.

I take the nerve block shots as well and due for one right now those gave me my life back.
They wont give me one till I get this ulcer cleared up. It is much better now, gastrointestinal doc told me it could 8 to 12 weeks to heal.

Three pills a day for the last two years and everyday until there is no more days. Two for BP and one for thyroid.

Vicodine does nothing for my I take one a bit stronger for any back pain as needed. Haven't needed for a long time but I will hate it when they're gone.

Caustic Burno":4ts3f3vb said:
Haven't heard of it, but may need to look into it. The epidurals provide a huge relief for me, but are a bit more short lived each time. My back pain has become almost unbearable the last few days, but it's too soon for another shot. So I'm stuck taking more vicodin than I like to take. It may be time to talk to the surgeon. Haven't been there since 2006, and he said to just live with the pain and come back when I can't any longer. That time's coming…

M.Magis":2tx61vek said:
Caustic Burno":2tx61vek said:
Haven't heard of it, but may need to look into it. The epidurals provide a huge relief for me, but are a bit more short lived each time. My back pain has become almost unbearable the last few days, but it's too soon for another shot. So I'm stuck taking more vicodin than I like to take. It may be time to talk to the surgeon. Haven't been there since 2006, and he said to just live with the pain and come back when I can't any longer. That time's coming…
need to take care of that before it does more damage ...the thought of not being able to get around scares the he%$ out of me.. when i say i love my indepedence... i dont mean sitting in a hoveround over looking the Grand Canyon type

Yep, I take Singulair for allergies everyday. Only thing I found that helps. IF I didnt take it, I would be sneezing my head off all the time driving my tractor. I also take Aleve for those nights when I am too sore to move.

Latest posts