T-POST Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Lawson Farms

Reaction score
How long should the 1.33lb t-posts last in the south east? Reason I'm asking is that my family rebuild alot of our fencing about 25 years ago. about 8 or so years ago, a few pastures my Dad had a guy go and set t-posts in between all of the cedar posts to help reinforce the fence. Now I need to replace the whole thing b/c the cedar posts are about done, and the barb wire is on its last leg too. My question is can I re-use the t-posts and expect another 25 years out of them? They have some slight rust on the surface now.

BL

If your gonna pull em all up, may as well replace with new ones. Keep the old ones for re-inforcing other fences, if they can still be driven in the ground. If not, I would just check to make sure they are steady in the ground and not broken off at the base.

Re:
My question is can I re-use the t-posts
NO! Absolutely not.
How many are there?
If it is more then a 100 I would be more than happy to stop by and haul them away for you free of charge.
Thanks Mike!
SL

I have some that I bought 32 years ago. Most of the paint is gone but they still hold the fence nicely.

Lawson Farms":p0tffh4a said:
My question is can I re-use the t-posts and expect another 25 years out of them? They have some slight rust on the surface now.
Yes you can reuse them. I have used many old t-post if they ain't rusted away thew will be fine

Sir Loin":z29jfg6v said:
Re:
My question is can I re-use the t-posts
NO! Absolutely not.
How many are there?
If it is more then a 100 I would be more than happy to stop by and haul them away for you free of charge.
Thanks Mike!
SL

No joke I remember when they got to 99 cent's and crying about the cost.
Wish now I had bought a semi load of them.

Latest posts