T-post clips

Help Support CattleToday:

countrified

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm replacing some feedlot panel for my parents, and I've run into a weird problem. The last time I installed that type of fence, I just affixed the panel to a bunch of t-posts using t-post clips. The thing is, the only clips that I can find now (home depot, etc) are so small that they'd really only work for barbed wire or similarly thin wire. I cant get the ends of the clips over the fence (which I think is probably 3 or 4 gauge). Either I'm nuts, or the clips are smaller than they were 15 years ago. Does anyone know where I can find large(r) t-post clips these days? Thanks!

I've had to sort of fabricate them myself for the same use as yours.

We use these from McCoys with cattle panels
https://shop.mccoys.com/fencing/chain-link/p.3862

They are straight aluminum ties that are meant for chain link fence but work great for cattle panels over tposts. Lowes sells something similar if you dont have a mccoys store near you, home depot might as well. The ones at Lowes here are more expensive and not as many per bag but they do have some.

They aren't as stiff as tpost clips, easily bent by hand, but they are about the easiest thing we've found.

countrified":2s9s8uhe said:
Hi All,

I'm replacing some feedlot panel for my parents, and I've run into a weird problem. The last time I installed that type of fence, I just affixed the panel to a bunch of t-posts using t-post clips. The thing is, the only clips that I can find now (home depot, etc) are so small that they'd really only work for barbed wire or similarly thin wire. I can't get the ends of the clips over the fence (which I think is probably 3 or 4 gauge). Either I'm nuts, or the clips are smaller than they were 15 years ago. Does anyone know where I can find large(r) t-post clips these days? Thanks!
I have the same problem, I set my wood and brace posts, then string the top strand of Barb wire to the height I want and staple it to the wood posts. Then I string my Field fence fabric tight and staple it to the wood post touching the Barb- wire. As you said the clips will be too short so I cut about 6" of double strand Barbless wire, bent in the middle like a V then tighten with a fence clip tool, repeat on the bottom and center. I also set my "T" posts at 8 ft. I know this is more information than you requested but that's how I do It.

I've used the aluminum chain link ties before--really easy to work with, but they aren't very strong. Getting them tight without breaking them isn't easy either.

bird dog":3nddvl1x said:
Even if you get them around the thicker wire they won't hold. I use 12 ga galvanized wire on mine and just tie them.

Seconded. Often use this instead of t post clips anyways call me cheap or wanting to have as few tools as needed but 12 ga wire will work just fine as long as you wrap it tight.

Stay Tuff makes post clips for most sizes of posts/pipe. They are made to be twisted with a drill chuck attachment. I've never used them, but I know a couple local guys that swear by them. I THINK they are even class III.

Yes sir, those are the ones. I'd have to look, but I think there are different sizes of chucks to fit the variety of clip sizes.

Latest posts