LockJawz T Post Insulators

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
T-360-in-_Prod-_Bag_Orange_Front_w_Single_1024x1024_2x.jpg

Has anyone used these T-Post insulators? If so are they any good?

I bought a bag to try. Only used a few so far but they seem a heck of a lot better than the yellow farm store variety. They snap on tight and hold the wire nicely

Ebenezer":8zukf8ng said:
Let me know an update when the deer have run through.

Has anyone here ever put the wire on the outside of the posts, away from the pasture/field when using electric fence? I've never tried it, and it may not make any difference at all as deer travel both ways, but I've considered it. Guess anything is destructible when deer are involved.

JMJ Farms":1ev7swfm said:
Ebenezer":1ev7swfm said:

Has anyone here ever put the wire on the outside of the posts, away from the pasture/field when using electric fence? I've never tried it, and it may not make any difference at all as deer travel both ways, but I've considered it. Guess anything is destructible when deer are involved.

It always amazes me how deer can make electric fence look like an explosion in a steel wool factory.
For 11 months no problem, they know the fence is hot. When the rut hits they don't care. I have the lights that flash when the electric fence is down, I can tell you the day the rut kicks off.

JMJ Farms":258k4y02 said:
Ebenezer":258k4y02 said:

I turn every other T post so the wire is pushing and pulling on the insulators. We have very little problems with the deer tearing stuff up. The deer tangle a single hot wire around the barb wire fairly often. Wish I'd of never put a piece of barb wire on the place, nothing but work.

I agree.. I'm hating barbed more and more.. We made the mistake of putting the mainline for the hot wire in 20ga galvanized along the top.. ALWAYS tangled, ALWAYS broken, and you'll find it wrapped up in your cutter heads, rototiller, or something

Instead of the 12.5ga HT I might try some 14ga.. maybe it'll be a little more friendly to work with.. I'd rather have one extra strand.

Those insulators look good.. especially around slight bends.. I'd use it for polywire though.

Nesikep":2928e2fs said:
I agree.. I'm hating barbed more and more.. We made the mistake of putting the mainline for the hot wire in 20ga galvanized along the top.. ALWAYS tangled, ALWAYS broken, and you'll find it wrapped up in your cutter heads, rototiller, or something

Instead of the 12.5ga HT I might try some 14ga.. maybe it'll be a little more friendly to work with.. I'd rather have one extra strand.

Those insulators look good.. especially around slight bends.. I'd use it for polywire though.

Would 14 gage be strong enough? Most places only sell the 12 and 12.5, but I have wondered about using 14 gage since I am terrible at tying the heavier wire and making it look good.

14ga is alright but it rust and isn't half as tuff as 12ga. So far all the 12ga high tensile wire we have, we haven't been able to tear up.12 ga is a pain to work with compared to the 14ga but well worth the effort.

True Grit Farms":2dbjkt2h said:
14ga is alright but it rust and isn't half as tuff as 12ga. So far all the 12ga high tensile wire we have, we haven't been able to tear up.12 ga is a pain to work with compared to the 14ga but well worth the effort.

I just can't work with the 12 ga but I can make do with the 12 1/2.

Rust isn't a concern here, there's wire from 1940 on some fences still.. perhaps 14ga is a little light, guess it depends on where it's used.. Perhaps lower strands would be appropriate

Latest posts