T-post braces

Help Support CattleToday:

J. T.

Reaction score
Just got back from working on fence and I'm going to have to put in a brace assembly. It's in a corner that gets flooded often and it is muddy so digging by hand or auger is going to be tough. Plus it's practically inaccessible with a tractor, anyway. Thought about using the brackets and t-posts to build a brace. Ever used them? Give me some feedback. Thanks!

Have used push-a-post braces. If you pull more than 2 wires you need a double post ( 2 t post welded back to back) or put a 3ft piece of 2" pipe over t post to keep it from bending. I haven't used their braces that connect the tops of 2 post. Only the angled brace post. Have pulled 4HT wires from 1 post with 2" pipe to strengthen post & angle brace.

http://www.pushapost.com/

For your wet location situation using 2 or maybe 3 t posts with 1 or 2 pushapost angle braces and the braces that connect the tops of each t post might do the job without digging in the muck.

The push-a-post is easy to install and the simplest of all the t post braces I am familiar with.

Good luck and best regards

Brock

I've never used any of the brackets, but I have used t-posts for braces. For me, a torch worked as good as a bracket. Wasn't sure how long this fence would be up, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. That was 7 or 8 years ago. I tried to get a couple of pics for you this afternoon, J.T.

One of the pics shows the origin of those posts. Not sure how well the heat from a torch would work with the Mexican junk they sell these days.

d06982e1.jpg

ff775579.jpg

I've used the bracket type of set up a couple of times, not sure of the manufacturere or name. The problem I ran into is that they are made for a medium heavy weight post. Don;t work with a real heavy duty post.

dun

Texan, thanks for taking the trouble to take those pictures for me. I really appreciate it. That's an idea I can use.

I guess I'm even cheaper the CB. I just cut a bunch of oaks about 4-5 inches at the small end and haul them out and let them dry for a while then use them for floating braces, Hs, etc.

dun

Well, after putting in three of the wedge lock T post braces, I think I'll stick to the old tried and true creoste wood post braces. The T post braces twist as they go into this clay/chert/root choked ground and they can't be twisted back into place. The hardware didn't always fit tight on the post like it should either. I reckon I'll be digging holes for wood braces from now on.

Latest posts