Sweet Spot

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm":3j5uqkt5 said:
sorry inyati but when you post this stuff this is one of the images that pops into my mind. It should say Kentucky toilet paper

:lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2:

Coming to a theater near you. I am going to get someone to do a video or at least a picture of what I am describing. It is more like the response a dog does when you rub his belly and he scratches a phantom object with his back leg. Or he could be less reflex and a more conscious effort to allow me to scratch where they want it. But you will see. Something to look forward to from the crazy guy in kentucky.

chippie":3hua2xkg said:
inyati13, most animals will do that. Donkeys, horses, dogs, and cattle.

Thanks, for the confirmation. I was thinking I had made a new discovery. :D I would still like to get a picture. It is a real pleasure to see them lift up their leg and hold it out.

M5farm":2z3trt6r said:
sorry inyati but when you post this stuff this is one of the images that pops into my mind. It should say Kentucky toilet paper

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your cheese has fallen off your cracker! You spend way too much time fondling your cows. As someone implied watch out, the image may stick!

inyati13":2lpx3jgj said:
Coming to a theater near you. I am going to get someone to do a video or at least a picture of what I am describing. It is more like the response a dog does when you rub his belly and he scratches a phantom object with his back leg. Or he could be less reflex and a more conscious effort to allow me to scratch where they want it. But you will see. Something to look forward to from the crazy guy in kentucky.

Ron, I hope you find the time to come over to Gallatin County to pay us a visit this weekend but be forewarned, none of our cows will allow for such shenanigans as this. Bulls either.

I'm starting to wonder if SOMEONE should be added to the list of ''TRUE CATTLE BREEDERS'' :heart: :heart:
Sometimes what happens in the pasture should stay in the pasture. :lol:

Personally... I like it when all 4 feet remain on the ground when I'm working on grooming even the best behaved of the kids project calves.

I have the nastiest scar on my leg from a hotwired heifer that fired without warning.

And because of her I ALWAYS keep a hand on the animal and a hand on the brush so I can feel for shifts of weight in anticipation of a move.

Nope, nope, nope... I don't like any legs being raised near me.

When I first started training oxwn (before I was told they couldn;t do it) I trained all of the steers to let me pick up their feet, just seemed like common sense to me.

Ryder":2wtt9t1y said:
Jersey cows are the fastest and most accurate kickers in the world. :frowns:
I have a couple of donkeys running with the herd that would beg to differ that!! I swear they can kick you from any angle...

TN Cattle Man":rrcsa188 said:
Ryder":rrcsa188 said:
I have a couple of donkeys running with the herd that would beg to differ that!! I swear they can kick you from any angle...
I concur. I got kicked by one of my JA this year and I wasn't doing anything but walking by and thought I gave plenty of distance. I believe a lightening strike would have been slower.

TN Cattle Man":maozcvpp said:
Ryder":maozcvpp said:

So can a jersey cow...any cow for that matter...and they're even better and more accurate if they're not feeling real good...about half sick. :nod:

they dont know, that you aint as tough as they are you... ever flip a hay ring over on ones head... not seeing them on the other side... it will make you kringe.. only to see them eating away like nothing happened...

inyati13":3qncvmld said:
My little sweet Star would never kick me. She loves me too much. :lol: :lol: :lol:
she might not kick you but if she kicks the bucket your standing own you could break something :tiphat:

ALACOWMAN":4hncd3os said:
they dont know, that you aint as tough as they are you... ever flip a hay ring over on ones head... not seeing them on the other side... it will make you kringe.. only to see them eating away like nothing happened...

Don't you guys forget, I was raised on a farm just have been away from it most of my life. My Dad had horses and cows. I have seen him hit them with anything that he could grab. If he was breaking a team of horses which he loved to do, they better back up when he said back. If it was a 2x4 that he got his hands on, before he was done, there would be blood running from their noses. To be honest, despite a lifetime of handling stock, I cannot say he was that good at it. He was loading a couple cows from the hay barn. The hay barn has a driveway that runs from one side to the other (crosswise not from end to end). On one end of the barn was a hay loft that was about 4 to 5 feet above grade. The cows were balking at going into the trailer. He started beatin them with a tobacco stick. One of the cows jumped into the loft. Now that is a sight I never thought I would see. He got up there and began to beat her again. When the cow lunched itself down she did a spread eagle. Sad sight. I thought see would never get up. She did and I never even saw a limp. They are tough. My dad always enjoyed his livestock but I never saw him pet them or show any affection for an animal. In fact, my brother and I were commenting recently that we never saw him pet the dogs.

M5farm":6l9b297m said:
inyati13":6l9b297m said:
My little sweet Star would never kick me. She loves me too much. :lol: :lol: :lol:
she might not kick you but if she kicks the bucket your standing own you could break something :tiphat:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts