Sweet Pic

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
DSC04867_zpskgzmzhs4.jpg

Nice picture. I had to get a couple game hens to sit on eggs . I haven't had any luck getting others to sit .

It is a nice pic! I have a broody one now that setting on top of a plastic milk crate with no eggs under her. Wouldn't matter anyway because I pulled the rooster about a month ago.

Thanks all :D .

That's the Dutch Bantam. She hatched out 7 chicks, that was about 2 weeks ago. Every evening she brings her chicks to the drum where she hatched them out and makes a racket for me to come and pick her and her chicks up. She is really tame...lovely girl.

Today(windy day) -
DSC04931_zpshbsnavyc.jpg

Today - watching another hen that has a batch of chicks from the tree top, a Steppe Buzzard. They prey vigorously on the guinea fowl chicks but I see they are starting on the bantams now.
DSC04937_zpsbtvxyoag.jpg

DSC04941_zpssmlnqvys.jpg

Real cute pic. Are they a small chicken? Here Bantams are small. We always called them Bantys.

She is a pretty hen allison. I have some bantam hens marked like her. I'm sorry about the buzzards preying on your hens. I have a problem with predators too.
It is always sad when they get a favorite bird.
You have got to love a bantam hen's sassyness. :)

HDRider":1dha3tp4 said:
Real cute pic. Are they a small chicken? Here Bantams are small. We always called them Bantys.
Yes, they are small. Tiny little eggs too and an abundance of them but can never quite get myself to eat them :eek:

N 'em T - Shame man, I hate it when the mother leaves them but they certainly look big enough. Good little ma there. LOL - can't get over their very yellow legs, mine here are a lot paler or grey.

Latest posts