Sweet Spot

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Has anyone else discovered that if you scratch a cow or even a calf on the inside of their back leg, they will pick their foot up and hold their leg out? I discovered this with my small simangus heifer, Star. I thought it was just her. Last summer, she had some cockleburs on the inside of her back leg and caught in the hair near her udder. I was using a toothed curry comb to sweep in and comb them out. As I combed the sweet spot. She raised her leg and held it out to her side. After that she started holding it out when I was combing her on the flanks wanting me to scratch her on the inside of her leg. I now know they all have that response. They all raise their back leg to allow me to scratch in the spot on the inside of their back leg. Have not tried this with the bull. :lol:

Think you had better try the bull, then we will know if this is just a female thing or not....betcha the bull does it as well :p

BTW - congrats on your fine new girls!!

alisonb":1nmx56gi said:
Think you had better try the bull, then we will know if this is just a female thing or not....betcha the bull does it as well :p

BTW - congrats on your fine new girls!!

:lol: :lol:

I had a goofy Hereford cow that liked to be scratched behind the ear, my wifes pet. She would get her body in all sorts of contortions when I did it. One day I scratched for so long she crossed her front feet and fell over, luckily away from me.

sorry inyati but when you post this stuff this is one of the images that pops into my mind. It should say Kentucky toilet paper

I brought in a group of 6 weight heifers saturday, that are not ready for that experiment.

Limomike":3fg68fuj said:
ALACOWMAN":3fg68fuj said:
you'r gonna wind up getting the pi$$ kicked out of you before long.... :cowboy:
Kinda what was goin thru my mind too..
hope he dont take a lick, like that stockyard worker i seen once, running a cow on the trailer... took a direct hit to the marble bag.. he was laying on the bench in the hall.. you could have took his pulse 10 ft away

Knowing how rough those tongues are, think I'd have to pass on that manuever. I just aint tough enough.

And the title of this thread is sweet spot! ?????????????

Latest posts