Sweating out a cold

Help Support CattleToday:

This was posted Dec.26,2012 . 4 years ago. Did you ever get over your cold or are you still medicating the cold? :tiphat:

No I just searched this topic to see what home remedies were out there I haven't tried it yet -I have been taking NyQuil at night knocks me out so I can sleep

I don't get colds or flu very often but I have sweated out some sinus infections. I don't take anything just wrap up in a big blanket in my recliner and sleep and drink lemon lime gaterade and OJ.

I always like to use Gatorade and chicken soup to re-hydrate after a bout with a stomach bug.I guess I could drink some of the electrolyte you use for calves :dunce: :dunce: :|
Sky needs to build a "sweat lodge" to honor the heritage ;-)

Every time I get under the weather I get in the sauna and like you said sweat it out. Don't forget to keep hydrated. That and a steroid shot and I am back Jack!

A couple weeks ago I went through a 10 day bout of diarrhea. When I got over it I told the wife I had lost 9 pounds She replied, "you aren't fat, you were just full of s**t." Isn't it great to have a supporting woman as a wife?

Dave":1w40zi62 said:
A couple weeks ago I went through a 10 day bout of diarrhea. When I got over it I told the wife I had lost 9 pounds She replied, "you aren't fat, you were just full of s**t." Isn't it great to have a supporting woman as a wife?
Dave I think I must be married to her sister. :lol: I've had that a couple of times....usually just start hitting the probiotics.

Dave":3rggg0e2 said:

If the truth doesn't hurt, it doesn't matter none! LOL

skyhightree1":3tk7rnnl said:
JW IN VA":3tk7rnnl said:

I have one its called my living room :lol:
I can just imagine you spread eagled in that recliner in the middle of the living room wearing nothing but a breechcloth and sweating your big a$$ off......not a pretty site I'm sure. :yuck:

GMN":3hp2rtfq said:
No I just searched this topic to see what home remedies were out there I haven't tried it yet -I have been taking NyQuil at night knocks me out so I can sleep

We are supposed to have the same old arguments over and over and over and over. GMN you have been here long enough to know. Try throwing a single hot dog in the middle of a bunch of starving coyotes next time okay? :D

TexasBred":17chmha3 said:
skyhightree1":17chmha3 said:
JW IN VA":17chmha3 said:

I have one its called my living room :lol:
I can just imagine you spread eagled in that recliner in the middle of the living room wearing nothing but a breechcloth and sweating your big a$$ off......not a pretty site I'm sure. :yuck:

Na I keep my buffalo briefs on ;-) :mrgreen:

I been told that the best way to treat a cold is to drink some whiskey with some honey, lemon, and black pepper mixed in it. After that it is best to go to bed with a nurse.
Sometimes it is hard to find a willing nurse.

If this remedy does not work try something else.
Seriously I have found Zicam really helps. The earlier you use it, the better.

I haven't had a cold in a long time, but used to. Lot's of real orange juice early on for the vit C mixed with a little 'medicinal purpose' whiskey seemed to do wonders. The more whiskey ya added, the better it seemed to work.

Latest posts