Swarming wood bees

Help Support CattleToday:

DOC HARRIS said:
JMHayes said:
My barn has had wood/carpenter bees as long as I can remeber. Besides the flying around your head and little holes everywhere, I have found no serious damage. I keep them around b/c they fight off wasps. I found only one wasp nest in my barn and equipment sheds all last summer. Before you go chasing after them with a tennis racket or baseball bat(a little more challenging), make sure they have a white dot on their head, otherwise you will be starting a war with a bumble bee and they do STING.
LIMERICK: A bee with a white dot on its head/ Went buzzin' around in my cowshed/ A dollar tennis racquet I bought/ "That'll git 'im" I thought/ and with 6 legs in the air he then dropped DEAD! ( A DOC HARRIS original)

Hey doc I hope you have a dayjob. LOL actually I thought it was pretty good.

Other then irritating, I don;t have a real problem with the bees themselves. It's the woodpeckers tearing up the wood getting to the nests.

dun

Howdy,

Wood Bee's
Carpenter Bee's
Boring Bee's
a few of names I have heard.

Tennis Racket? wow, I grabbed one of our badminton rackets one day, and boy, does it work great. The bee hovers in front of you, and swish.... its gone. I have the dead carcass's laying all over the place. I always have the racket laying nearby, and when I am around the shed area, and 2 are hovering, bam, 2 more gone. :)

Spray's, diesel, stain, plugging, etc... doesn't seem as easy and rewarding as the smack down.

Daybreak":1zs2j9w6 said:
Howdy,

Wood Bee's
Carpenter Bee's
Boring Bee's

Tennis Racket? wow, I grabbed one of our badminton rackets one day, and boy, does it work great. The bee hovers in front of you, and swish.... its gone. I have the dead carcass's laying all over the place. I always have the racket laying nearby, and when I am around the shed area, and 2 are hovering, bam, 2 more gone. :)

Spray's, diesel, stain, plugging, etc... doesn't seem as easy and rewarding as the smack down.
I thought Badminton raquets were For the Birds!- - -just thought of another LIMERICK--here goes---Bees with white dots on their heads/ Are Aliens-so call in the Feds/With my raquet I'll ZAP 'em/If I catch 'em nappin'/ I'll send 'em to my neighbor Fred's! (cut me some slack - it's after midnight here! :lol: :lol:

dun":3ifd28m2 said:
Other then irritating, I don;t have a real problem with the bees themselves. It's the woodpeckers tearing up the wood getting to the nests.

dun
===============
dun

To take the ...eggs? Haven't seen that...lot of peckers in the near by woods...none around the barn. Peckers don't do treated poles...much...I don't think. They may be our next visitors.

preston39":2kro58w2 said:
...lot of peckers in the near by woods...none around the barn. Peckers don't do treated poles...much...I don't think.
:shock: Preston-what Oh, forget it.

DOC HARRIS":1kf21yh6 said:
Daybreak":1kf21yh6 said:
Howdy,

Wood Bee's
Carpenter Bee's
Boring Bee's

I thought Badminton raquets were For the Birds!- - -just thought of another LIMERICK--here goes---Bees with white dots on their heads/ Are Aliens-so call in the Feds/With my raquet I'll ZAP 'em/If I catch 'em nappin'/ I'll send 'em to my neighbor Fred's! (cut me some slack - it's after midnight here! :lol: :lol:
============
Doc,
Never let it be said that you slow down after long hour. 8) The limerick's are funny.

Latest posts