Susie's Barn Buddies

Help Support CattleToday:

RebelCritter":17f7qi34 said:
Whatcha gonna do with them? Are you feeding them? So pretty! What kinds of sounds do they make? coo?

If they are like the quail here, they make a unique call; sounds like they are saying "Bob whiiiiite" (hence the name). You can call back and forth with them, they will respond to you.

It's one of my favorite sounds. Just about dusky dark in the summer you can hear bob whites and whipperwills calling to their mates to find each other for the night. I love it. :lol:

If you have a vivid imagination it sounds kind of like chi-ca-go. Most of the time it's just a clucking sound.

dun

I guess the Whooperills leave the Country for Winter, cause you wont hear em' in the Winter. Usually just those warm muggy Southern Nights.

Crowderfarms":2k6d3zua said:
I guess the Whooperills leave the Country for Winter, cause you wont hear em' in the Winter. Usually just those warm muggy Southern Nights.

And they sound like a stuck record. Over and over continuously all night long. Pleasent at first, but drives me nuts after a while. Almost as irritating as mocking birds

dun

dun":ch6z3b50 said:
Crowderfarms":ch6z3b50 said:

And they sound like a stuck record. Over and over continuously all night long. Pleasent at first, but drives me nuts after a while. Almost as irritating as mocking birds

dun
Dun, You got to admit it's fun watching Mocking Birds dive bomb a Cat.

Crowderfarms":23ef06kb said:
dun":23ef06kb said:
Crowderfarms":23ef06kb said:

dun
Dun, You got to admit it's fun watching Mocking Birds dive bomb a Cat.

You're right, unless you're the one cast in the roll of the cat.

dun

It's usually the Red Wing Blackbirds that bomb me.My first experience with them was as a kid Picking some Strawberries with my Mom. They hate me. :lol:

Latest posts