Surprise Me

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":29209a5i said:
Lammie":29209a5i said:
dun":29209a5i said:
Styalized chinese dragon done in oils on a split bambo screen. I have no idea what became of it, don;t really care.
You are like a box of chocolates. :heart:

Yup, you never know when a nut will show up

Or which one's a horse turd in disguise!

No claim to fame by any means but I was asked by Hollywood to help locate a tree to be used in Kevin Costner's film The War. Don't know how they got my name, they just called me one day and after hearing the location manager's voice on the phone I was willing to do about anything she asked. :oops: Spent about a week with her looking at different mega-trees which they could use in the film. Final selection found near Paris Island - I forget the town.

L.A.":ad6zl0oc said:
Six Days on the road,,,,I played lead guitar for Dave Dudley.

Awesome!!

I sort of started spilling my guts a little over in the "Wrong Impression" thread on the Everything Else board. If anyone wants to know that they can go see.

I have had a good life.

This thread let me in on a lot of info about you folks. Some other remarkable folks haven't responded.

Thanks for this thread Cuz.

Summer of 67 I worked at a racetrack in South Sioux city Neb swamped stalls, and hot walked racehorses for Wayne Lucas (he trained a kentucky derby winner later).

Got very inebriated in Canon City Colo one night with Sam Elliot and the rest of the crew when they were making the movie Conagher. He's a heckofa a good guy by the way.

Went to college on a music scholarship and got thrown out for refusing to be in the marching band.

Best thing I ever did was marry my wife and manage to not screw it up so far for 32 years.

3waycross":lxs4vtp8 said:
Summer of 67 I . . hot walked racehorses . . .

Not being a "horse guy" whats hot walking?
A. Making a horse walk across hot coals
B. Making a horse walk really fast
C. Walking a horse to cool it down after a workout
D. Slang for taking a horse for a walk and threatening it with the glue factory if it doesn't speed-up
E. Something else

CUZ":2pzpr9qa said:
3waycross":2pzpr9qa said:
Summer of 67 I . . hot walked racehorses . . .

Not being a "horse guy" whats hot walking?
A. Making a horse walk across hot coals
B. Making a horse walk really fast
C. Walking a horse to cool it down after a workout
D. Slang for taking a horse for a walk and threatening it with the glue factory if it doesn't speed-up
E. Something else

Cooling them out after a race. We would rinse them off with water and walk them until they quit sweating.

I was once mistaken for George Clooney by a couple of stewardess's when I was getting off an airplane. That was a few pounds and years ago though

Like Jogeephus I have been asked several times by Hollywood to find them specific sites for movies. They call me up with specific requests like a hill or a valley. I don't know where they got my name from but it has happened half a dozen times. I am still waiting for my check.

Bill Nye the Science Guy once did a TV show at my place. He was talking about cows of different colors. My cows fit right into that program.

I did some modeling when I was in high school (back when we lived in California).

I went to a MTV spring break party at lake Havasu NV where they were filming live.

The Bachelor":1oc9egfi said:
I was once mistaken for George Clooney by a couple of stewardess's when I was getting off an airplane. That was a few pounds and years ago though

Really?

gerardplauche":3tzn6o3u said:
I met Britney Spears at the "Literary Ralley" in 10th grade.

Heck from lookin at her you would never guess she was literary. :lol2:

sidney411":avf6vfrm said:
I did some modeling when I was in high school (back when we lived in California).

I went to a MTV spring break party at lake Havasu NV where they were filming live.

we need pics!!!!!!!!! :D :D :) :) :banana: :banana: :banana: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Made it in and on the cover of a documentery film about mardi gras called "Dance for a Chicken". By Pat Mire.
Won one and placed in a few fishing tournaments.
Won $100 from the Progressive Farmer magazine for the best handy idea.

VanC":uqr8gyjq said:
3waycross":uqr8gyjq said:
gerardplauche":uqr8gyjq said:
I met Britney Spears at the "Literary Ralley" in 10th grade.

Heck from lookin at her you would never guess she was literary. :lol2:

She's not. She was 25 years old and still IN the 10th grade. :dunce:

and!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????????..

.werked fer her..well fer a little while anyways...if she keeps fallin down maybe shell make it down to me

Latest posts