Y’all are gonna hate me

Help Support CattleToday:

We don't talk about bruno? I have had that song stuck in my head for a month!

Bluey is the kids go to show here and i actually really enjoy it too.
My wife keeps our great niece on Saturdays alot while her parents work, she has introduced me to Bluey. She's about 1 1/2 years old, she instantly recognizes it as the introduction comes on.

When my son was little he watched Mickey Mouse playhouse, Blues Clues, and the Wiggles. My wife even took him to see Wiggles in concert, I couldn't believe grown men were ok with acting like they did, my wife said they were the smart ones getting paid big bucks to act like idiots.
I introduced him to Dukes of Hazzard when he was about 3, he loved that show. He'd go around singing "just a good ole boy, never meaning no harm". I think he really liked it because his nickname is Bo, or maybe he liked looking at Daisy.

It's so funny to trace kids entertainment over the years.

I was Looney Toons, Ninja Turtles, GI Joes, Bambi, etc. The good stuff. Some of the Disney movies like Lion King were toward the end. My younger cousins were Barney era. The dark years.😄 Luckly, my son was Disney Pixar and Mickey Mouse Club House. The Pixar stuff is pretty good, even for adults.

I don't recognize any of this stuff now my nephew and niece watch. It's all educational and PC, it's brutal for adult

When my son was little he watched Mickey Mouse playhouse, Blues Clues, and the Wiggles.
Man, I hated those Wiggles along with the Teletubbies!

Saturday mornings were Fury, My friend Flicka and Sky King... that sure brought back memories...
Never did the Sesame street, Barney or any of the others and no grand kids or nieces or nephews close by so never watched any of it.

Saturday mornings were Fury, My friend Flicka and Sky King... that sure brought back memories...
Never did the Sesame street, Barney or any of the others and no grand kids or nieces or nephews close by so never watched any of it.
My Son was weaned on Sesame Street great teaching show. When he started school he was already reading and knew the concept of adding and subtraction. Not bragging but was the smartest in his class. When he knew and learned he did not use it to impress only interested in that he knew it and mastered it..

My son liked the Power Rangers. I could not stand that show; they danced around like they had a corncob shoved up their ***, flailing there arms around, kicking their feet, and yelling Power Ranger Power Up. I guess it could have been worse, he could have been into Barney; I guess I dodged that one. I did get him turned onto Star Trek; we enjoyed watching that together.

Here ya go Ouachita.

GB probably posted this because he knows about my day job. We had a black and white TV and one channel. I had never seen the show when I was young, nor even heard of it until my mid-twenties.

I had a customer call on me for a bid. His name was Skye King. I may have looked at him a bit sideways when he told me his name, but he became a bit indignant when he learned that I'd never heard of Sky King.
His last name was already King. He had his first name legally changed. He was a pompous azz, but we got the job done.

I grew up with this (in between the Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner cartoon episodes)

My Son was weaned on Sesame Street great teaching show. When he started school he was already reading and knew the concept of adding and subtraction. Not bragging but was the smartest in his class. When he knew and learned he did not use it to impress only interested in that he knew it and mastered it..
I couldn't stand Sesame Street and neither could my kids. None of us were smart enough to understand it.

It's so funny to trace kids entertainment over the years.

I was Looney Toons, Ninja Turtles, GI Joes, Bambi, etc. The good stuff. Some of the Disney movies like Lion King were toward the end. My younger cousins were Barney era. The dark years.😄 Luckly, my son was Disney Pixar and Mickey Mouse Club House. The Pixar stuff is pretty good, even for adults.

I don't recognize any of this stuff now my nephew and niece watch. It's all educational and PC, it's brutal for adults.

I'm so old I remember when most Saturday morning cartoons were funny, like Tom and Jerry, Road Runner, and Bugs Bunny. Speed Racer and Johnny Quest were the only ones that weren't.

Both were on Ch 13 Houston KTRK. The name KiTirRicK came from the call letters of the station and was in the afternoon. Cadet Don was early weekdays mornings, before kids left to catch school bus. It was a split show. 1/2 before the local morning news, 1/2 after local morning news. IF, we got up early enough and gotd ressed in time, we could watch the 1st 1/2 of Cadet Don while eating breadfast on the living rom floor before running out and catching the bus, assuming our father wasn't sleeping in the next room from a graveyard shift at Humble refinery. (He worked split shifts. 1 week 4pm-12s, one week midnight-8am,, one week days 8pm-12.)
Even on holidays and no school, Ch13 news was rarely seen in our house as my mother preferred Ch 11 and Sid Lasher weather.
Lyle Lovett mentions Sid Lasher in his song South Texas Girl.

And with the windows wide open it felt hot to us anyway
Three bound together on a day just like any day
They told me and taught me and showed me and bought me
Whatever I wanted from the corner U-tote-M

They say the name Corpus Christi means the body of Jesus
Pronounce it Refurio city folks they don't know
It looks like Pa-la ci-os but sounds like Palashous
Just listen the next time you're watchin' Sid Lasher

Lyle Lovett grew up in Klein between Spring and Tomball and of coarse got Houston stations. Klein is named for some of Lyle Lovett's ancestors..one of his uncles was a Klein and there is an interesting story about a pet bull that nearly killed both Lyle and his Uncle Calvin on the farm in Klein.

Lyle and the pet bull

Last edited: