Sunset over the Sierra

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
sunset-RC.jpg

Jogeephus":mwueix8r said:
That doesn't look real. You should make them into postcards.
It's such a common sight there that I'm sure there are postcards.

Any idea where the brilliant red colors come from? Dust particles? We had a really nice sunset the other day. It had some bright colors in it like that but nothing that brilliant.

Jogeephus":38haexrr said:
Any idea where the brilliant red colors come from? Dust particles? We had a really nice sunset the other day. It had some bright colors in it like that but nothing that brilliant.
Could be dust, it's March and the wind howels the whole month out there. Could be a fire south of there and that would be smoke.
There are 2 scenes in the desert that ar ereal eye poppers. Sunsets like that and the spring flowers in the canyons.

I might have seen something on tv about the flowers. Forgot where it was but when they got a shower in the spring the place turned to beauty but it soon faded with the lack of rain and everything shrivelled right back up. It was amazing to see that many flowers all at once but I don't know if that's what you are referring to but wherever it was it was neat.

Jogeephus":14vv6ixu said:
I might have seen something on tv about the flowers. Forgot where it was but when they got a shower in the spring the place turned to beauty but it soon faded with the lack of rain and everything shrivelled right back up. It was amazing to see that many flowers all at once but I don't know if that's what you are referring to but wherever it was it was neat.
I posted some pictures a couple of years ago of the flowers in the canyons. It is sure a sight to see.

Only thing breathtaking around here are the clouds of pine pollen coming from the woods and I'm allergic to it. A dry desert setting with a sunset like that would be a welcome change right now.

We don't have that much pollution here but we did call a couple of weeks ago and have the elec. company take out the security light. Amazing how much better you can see the stars and not another light in sight. We actually have "dark" now.

Latest posts