Stupid Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
So i'm feeding cows today in the middle of a lightning storm when i hear there are tornados coming my way. Yay, only 5 rolls left to unroll.. :roll:. Anyway, so i get that done and i'm driving back when i notice this funny looking sky. no more lighting, eerie. its normally dark by now, but today its seems like the sun is still going to be up for a while. "weird." i thought. Ive never seen the sky this color, its like a vanilla sky. huh?!. kind of neat. Then i get bombarded by a hail storm. Somedays it would be nice to be a cow. today was not one of them.

Beefy,

We had hail here at the farm today around 3pm. I'm located off Interstate 20 about 35 miles from GA/AL stateline. We don't see hail here very often but I don't ever remember seeing hail the way these were shaped. The hail was smaller than a small marble but appeared to be round on one side but flat on the other. The hail looked like you took a perfect round Ice ball and sawed it in half. Is this normal for hail? The ground was almost white for a few minutes before it melted. Otherwise it was 65 degrees.

Strange weather for Alabama.....

And I have a 1st time hefier in the corral, she should drop a calf in the next 24 hours or so based on how she looks and acts.

Yeah it was 60s here too and the hail WAS funny shaped now that you mention it. some of it was circular but flat like a coin and other pieces were shaped like half a ball. i feel confident that all the ones that hit my head were marble shaped and that hard too. next time i'll look for a mickey mouse shaped piece of hail to sell on eBAY.