Strange Hide Color...continued (2) with pics

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Well folks, finally got some pics of that steer with the "weird" hide color. Here they are...
DSCF0052.JPG

The black-face I call Blackie
DSCF0053.JPG

Hind view of Blackie
DSCF0038.JPG

Groupies!! spot the "bull"... he's the middle one, BTW.

Let me know if you want to see more pics of the other steers that we have... I've got pics of mostly charolais, some herfords... ;-) and more angus... ;-)

So... what do you think??

Thanks, he is red angus, it's just that that's the first time I ever seen a red angus with that coloration before.

ILAB go to genex wed page go to beef heard sires click on red angus there are several bulls that have that color.

rattler

rattler":htec9pjm said:
ILAB go to genex wed page go to beef heard sires click on red angus there are several bulls that have that color.

rattler

Web address??

Red Angus can be pretty dark. I was bugging the neighbor about his Black Angus bull in with his registered Red Angus cow herd and he told me even though that bull is so dark, he still always throw red calves. He actually was a bit skeptical when he bought him himself so he tried it on just a few cows last year and every calf is red.

Here's some more pics I wanted to throw in, see what you guys think of these fellers
DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0035.JPG

They all are really nice steers this year, both the char-mix herd and the red angus-mix herd. But the favorite steer of all is the one I've posted about. He's got attitude, I tell you!!

They're going to be sold and shipped out in about a month from now, to make way for a new herd of calves come fall.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Much appretiated! :cboy:

IluvABbeef":3qa8ddc1 said:
Well folks, finally got some pics of that steer with the "weird" hide color. Here they are...
DSCF0052.JPG

The black-face I call Blackie
DSCF0053.JPG

Hind view of Blackie
DSCF0038.JPG

Groupies!! spot the "bull"... he's the middle one, BTW.

Let me know if you want to see more pics of the other steers that we have... I've got pics of mostly charolais, some herfords... ;-) and more angus... ;-)

So... what do you think??
Well if you think thats weird I have a black steer with brown in his coat, and sort of a smokie and black rearend.
[/quote]

Latest posts