Stock Market

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Any one own Ford stock and your opinion. They have raised their dividend to pre-covid level at 15 cents per quarter. Yahoo Fiance show that the company is under valued. I have owned this stock for years. bought a lot at $3.00. At one time when times were good and Ford had a lot of cash they give a special dividend which could be stock or cash. I took stock. Been up and down over the years but have collected a good dividend when available. Ford has had some poor CEOs in the past but looks like this one has his head on right.

If you have time I have posted for the last few years about the stock market. Open them up and read them and wonder what happened to some of the posters over the years.

If you have time I have posted for the last few years about the stock market. Open them up and read them and wonder what happened to some of the posters over the years.
Well, I'm still here and probably told you not to buy Ford or Tesla

I dont own anything else nor am I likely to although it has been 20 years since I bought a new one and will likely be longer than that til I buy another. As for stock the only stock I own is four legged and only dividend I get is a 1/2 every year or so. Seems that they are taking care of their stockholders so should make them happy and fulfill their obligation to them.

Good CEO. Aggressive business plan. Seemed to have above average problems with chip shortages. I owned them and then sold during the big drop.

Talking heads wonder what will happen first - - the auto makers will catch up on chips or demand will drop due to economy. Meanwhile Biden is throwing more money at electric... I think charging stations are a better play.

Own one individual stock in accounts I manage right now (it's not Ford). Majority is in mutual funds and a few ETF's. I've found I do better picking funds than I do stocks.

Own one individual stock in accounts I manage right now (it's not Ford). Majority is in mutual funds and a few ETF's. I've found I do better picking funds than I do stocks.
I've always found that if you like an ETF it's better just to read through what that ETF owns and pick out what you like

The Ford family owns the Detroit Lions.
Sell 1% of your Ford stock = $10 per $1,000 of stock.
17 game season
Detroit Lions total wins over/under 6.5 games
8.5 - 1 to win the NFC North
55-1 to win the conference
100-1 to win the Super Bowl

$5 on Lions to win over 6.5 games, pay off = $5 profit
$2 on Lions at 8.5 = $17 profit
$2 on Lions at 55-1 = 110 profit
$1 to win the Super Bowl $100 profit

Risk 1% with 50/50 chance of only losing 0.5%
but 120% return if they win the 4 team division
NFC North Odds
Green Bay 1.7-1
Vikings 3-1
Detroit 8.5-1
Chicago 9.5-1

Unrealistic expectations... but a chance
1320% return if Lions make it to the Super Bowl
2320% return if they win the Super Bowl

Worst Case Scenario you lose 1% of the current value of your Ford stock. :)
p.s.
Cinnci went from 4-11-1 to 10-7 and nearly winning the Super Bowl
Detroit was 3-13-1 last season
Detroit hasn't won the NFC North since 1993 and even then they lost in the 1st round at home to the Wild Card team the Green Bay Packers
So a really dumb bet...er I mean investment... or they're due. :) lol

Last edited:
It's up 50% in three months, so I would say now is not the time to buy. If you do, DCA in slowly. There will likely be a pretty big dip right after the dividend.

Long term I think the company is looking good. I really like the idea of going straight to consumer. Ford told the dealers to keep their markups in check, they didn't listen. So they're getting cut out.

I think Ford actually learned something during the great recession. For a while there it seemed like they couldn't make a good engine to save their lives. They have had some blunders since, but for the most part, I think they've improved a lot.

Any one own Ford stock and your opinion. They have raised their dividend to pre-covid level at 15 cents per quarter. Yahoo Fiance show that the company is under valued. I have owned this stock for years. bought a lot at $3.00. At one time when times were good and Ford had a lot of cash they give a special dividend which could be stock or cash. I took stock. Been up and down over the years but have collected a good dividend when available. Ford has had some poor CEOs in the past but looks like this one has his head on right.
Been buying Ford for years and am glad I have.
I won't drive any of their vehicles - they lost me in '06 when they wouldn't negotiate on a SuperDuty so I bought a 2006 Ram that continues to go strong, and I refuse to pay the price for a new diesel pickup - but I believe in the company and am long on it. I'm a long holder who buys on the dips, and have nothing but time, so I'll hang onto what I have through the upcoming downturn and ride it back up over outyears.

Have owned many Ford pickups over the years that were nice, but my stock in the company is the best Ford I've ever owned. ;-)

""Ford has had some poor CEOs in the past but looks like this one has his head on right."

What has he done to make you think this? I personally wouldn't touch it as a investment. To me they are making way to large of an investment into electric vehicles while demand and availability of materials has not yet been proven. What is the demand if the government subsidies go away? Can they get enough lithium for the batteries required?

Ford has made its name with trucks. Trucks used for work, trucks used for business, trucks used to haul things or pull things. How many folks actually need a expensive truck with limited range and a even shorter range if pulling something?

To me the risk is not worth the possible reward. The long term chart is not real pretty. The price doesn't seem to be able to stay over $15 for any length of time.

Yes I'm skeptic.

www.cnbc.com/2022/07/31/ford-ceo-farley-outlined-plans-for-automakers-electric-vehicle-shift.html