Stock Market

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
My observation and looking at my portfolio the broad market has been declining for the last 17 months. This week really hammered it. Only stock I own that is part of the Dow Jones would be Walmart. Has any one else thought this and could agree or disagree.

Don't jinx this for me.....but our diversified portfolio is about the same value as it was 4 1/2 years ago. No new money added but periodical withdrawals for living expenses.

After all, it is October.....

1982vett":2zlmj0cd said:
Don't jinx this for me.....but our diversified portfolio is about the same value as it was 4 1/2 years ago. No new money added but periodical withdrawals for living expenses.

After all, it is October.....
Good for you you have to be smarter than the average bear. Would really like to know what your diversified portfolio looks like. If you have Intel in the portfolio then you have done great.

Wouldn't say that..... used to own a chunk of intel. Picking stocks never really worked for me.

Our portfolio is made up of mutual funds and etf's. Bonds were off a bit (rising interest rates) and international funds are off 10% or more (trade policy turmoil). US stock funds were....were being the operative since I haven't studied the damage the past week.....were up 5 to 8% on the year. Portfolio is off its high about 4.5%.

1982vett":2jna3l1i said:
Wouldn't say that..... used to own a chunk of intel. Picking stocks never really worked for me.

Our portfolio is made up of mutual funds and etf's. Bonds were off a bit (rising interest rates) and international funds are off 10% or more (trade policy turmoil). US stock funds were....were being the operative since I haven't studied the damage the past week.....were up 5 to 8% on the year. Portfolio is off its high about 4.5%.
Then your investments are doing about what the rest of the market is doing. (actually, maybe even a few decimal points worse)

As of yesterday's close:
"For the week, the Dow is down 4.1%, the S&P has lost 4.1% and the Nasdaq is down 4%."

But, a 4-5% correction is neither unusual or necessarily a bad thing. Ever growing stock bubbles are much worse.

The markets are doing a little better this morning but hard to say if the gains will hold thru the day.

I'd say this pullback is an excellent buying opportunity, if you plan to stick around awhile. I bought a little bit more of Netflix, Amazon, Halliburton, Nvidia and Microsoft. Most of these are way off their all time highs and they are all good companies.

greybeard":16zlr99v said:
1982vett":16zlr99v said:

Then your investments are doing about what the rest of the market is doing. (actually, maybe even a few decimal points worse)

As of yesterday's close:
"For the week, the Dow is down 4.1%, the S&P has lost 4.1% and the Nasdaq is down 4%."

But, a 4-5% correction is neither unusual or necessarily a bad thing. Ever growing stock bubbles are much worse.

The markets are doing a little better this morning but hard to say if the gains will hold thru the day.
I doubt it will hold. Investors get nervous on Friday afternoon's and don't want to worry through the weekend. I predict steady to slightly up or down from yesterday's close. But I don't know squat!

hurleyjd":1cr3kqag said:
My observation and looking at my portfolio the broad market has been declining for the last 17 months. This week really hammered it. Only stock I own that is part of the Dow Jones would be Walmart. Has any one else thought this and could agree or disagree.

I don't see any thing that resembles a decline in the market. People probably got smart and put some of these huge gains in their pocket this week.

most people are making a lot of money since trump's been in office.

no declines.

Latest posts