Stock Market

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":3t0kl9jf said:
My stock portfolio has taken quite a beating since the beginning of 2018. How has everyone else portfolio fared.
Any good reason for the drop?
Yes, animal spirits.
Because animal spirits control the markets the markets are going to do what the market does.
Full moons and new moons just intensify the animal spirits effect.
Man just makes up their reason or excuses why, so they can feel as though they have control, but the market is going
to do what it's going to do.

With all the regulations on trucking are we going to see an increase in rail use? Ship to a central location via rail and then distribute from there with local trucking? If so, this could be a boon to small local communities outside larger cities in that they have space to set up shipping centers and the lack of traffic to accommodate more trucks.

JSCATTLE":385vu9x6 said:
How are they justifying raising the price on existing stock? Everything hurts some and helps others . In the long run the tarrif will benefit US workers . China taxes the heck out of goods we send it's time to return the favor. My return on my 401k was 25% last year. It has corrected some . But some of that was due to the fed saying they were raising rates.

You don't sell something based on what you paid for it. You sell it based on what it's gonna cost to replace it.
Business 101

callmefence":zhkgs3yo said:
JSCATTLE":zhkgs3yo said:
How are they justifying raising the price on existing stock? Everything hurts some and helps others . In the long run the tarrif will benefit US workers . China taxes the heck out of goods we send it's time to return the favor. My return on my 401k was 25% last year. It has corrected some . But some of that was due to the fed saying they were raising rates.

You don't sell something based on what you paid for it. You sell it based on what it's gonna cost to replace it.
Business 101

That must be why I still have all this junk laying around.

True Grit Farms":h31sf3lg said:
callmefence":h31sf3lg said:
JSCATTLE":h31sf3lg said:

Business 101

Don't they teach the same principle in marriage counseling?

Jogeephus":em0kiald said:
True Grit Farms":em0kiald said:
callmefence":em0kiald said:
Business 101

I consider my junk piles and my wife irreplaceable.

callmefence":r8oj6an2 said:
Jogeephus":r8oj6an2 said:
True Grit Farms":r8oj6an2 said:

I consider my junk piles and my wife irreplaceable.

And after 30 years you know you can't afford to replace them.